Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Bojote's WaterConstants.Xml

Any idea what can I do to solve this, specially the gray water, and get a darker one?I use REX 2.0Thanks in advance!
The gray water will happen with BOTH SM2 and SM3, I was doing some tests last night and was wondering the same. Not sure if this is something that can be changed with REX.The white dots 'ARE' star reflections, don't know how to get rid of those, what water setting are you using? have you tried using a lower (512) resolution water in REX and less aggresive wave action water themes?

Hey guys. Two questions. to make the water flow faster do you have to change the <fTimeX1>-0.083</fTimeX1> <fTimeY1>0.024</fTimeY1> <fTimeX2>-0.023</fTimeX2> <fTimeY2>0.038</fTimeY2>in low, mid and high section?And and other question, how do you flush the cache, i am missing something there...

There is a script called flush cache in shader mod 3 folder, which is in fsx folder. I Changed the values above in waterconstants.xml and flushed the cache and i have very good motion of the waves. I increased the values by 1 and its good motion but a bit fast, so i will change it to something like ...<fTimeX1>-0.683</fTimeX1> <fTimeY1>0.624</fTimeY1> <fTimeX2>-0.623</fTimeX2> <fTimeY2>0.638</fTimeY2>I think it will be more realistic..

Hi Jeseus,are you working on something interesting?I have a problem with your shader mod.Wanted to delete this,but after that i got corruptions on aircrafts,wheels upon the wings etc.I think,that the uninstaller didn`t reverted back everything in the fsx:cfg.Must i delete an entry or should i let FSX rebuild the cfg.ThanksMichael

Hi *******,Thank you for all the great work you do to enhance our hobby!I already had a WaterContants file but it shows some differences. Just using yours makes the sea look like a rapidly flowing river at FL360 so I need to make some changes.I am trying to understand what is needed but I see some values I don´t understand. Below is a copy of the first section of my present file:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><SimBase.Document Type="WaterConstantFile" version="1,0"> <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr> <WaterConsts.ConstantSets> <ConstantSet> <Shader20> <fWaveFresnelFactorMin>0.300</fWaveFresnelFactorMin> <fWaveFresnelFactorMax>0.500</fWaveFresnelFactorMax> <fSpecularPower>53.384</fSpecularPower> <fSpecularBoost>1.520</fSpecularBoost> <fSpecularBlend>0.605</fSpecularBlend> <fWaveBumpUVScale>9.500</fWaveBumpUVScale> <fWaterBumpRotation>45.000</fWaterBumpRotation> <fTimeX1>-0.083</fTimeX1> <fTimeY1>0.024</fTimeY1> <fTimeX2>-0.023</fTimeX2> <fTimeY2>0.038</fTimeY2> <fTimeScale2>-0.006</fTimeScale2> </Shader20> <Shader30> </Shader30>The last line is new to me; you do not mention TimeScale. Adding this to your file indeed slows down the water movement to almost static.Another is WaveBump. You mention max value is 4.000. Mine obvously is 9.500 for Low, 6.500 in MID secion and 4.000 in HIGH. Thank you!Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

Anyone,Does anyone know how to correct this swimming pool water color? This is the Gulf Coast of Mississippi - airport at 12 o'clock is KBIX. Some say the Landclass is in error in FSX, others say just buy UTX. The Mississippi Sound has never, ever, looked like this picture. It is more dark grey/blue - kinda like the shadow in the picture. Any ideas? I have the Shader 3.0 and the new xml from this thread.RayKBIX_Crazy_Water.jpg

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Hi Jeseus,are you working on something interesting?I have a problem with your shader mod.Wanted to delete this,but after that i got corruptions on aircrafts,wheels upon the wings etc.I think,that the uninstaller didn`t reverted back everything in the fsx:cfg.Must i delete an entry or should i let FSX rebuild the cfg.ThanksMichael
Michael, when the shader mod is UN-installed it removes the ALLOW_SHADER_30 line from the fsx.cfg. So, if you installed the shader 3 mod on TOP of an already 'manual' shader 3 installation you will experience exactly what you are describing. Adding ALLOW_SHADER_30=1 back to the [GRAPHICS] section will fix it.
The last line is new to me; you do not mention TimeScale. Adding this to your file indeed slows down the water movement to almost static.Another is WaveBump. You mention max value is 4.000. Mine obvously is 9.500 for Low, 6.500 in MID secion and 4.000 in HIGH.
The wavebump is explained in the readme.txt file, it simply changes wave height. My TimeScale value is currently set to -0.150 which speeds water movement a little bit. -0.006 makes the animation 'almost' still, but they *do* move, albeit VERY slow.

"Anyone,Does anyone know how to correct this swimming pool water color? This is the Gulf Coast of Mississippi - airport at 12 o'clock is KBIX. Some say the Landclass is in error in FSX, others say just buy UTX. The Mississippi Sound has never, ever, looked like this picture. It is more dark grey/blue - kinda like the shadow in the picture. Any ideas? I have the Shader 3.0 and the new xml from this thread.Ray "This i would like to know too.Michael

How do you get rid of the star reflections? Thanks from Jim

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Anyone,Does anyone know how to correct this swimming pool water color? This is the Gulf Coast of Mississippi - airport at 12 o'clock is KBIX. Some say the Landclass is in error in FSX, others say just buy UTX. The Mississippi Sound has never, ever, looked like this picture. It is more dark grey/blue - kinda like the shadow in the picture. Any ideas? I have the Shader 3.0 and the new xml from this thread.RayKBIX_Crazy_Water.jpg
The answers you´ve had are correct, although the FSX landclass is not in error. But to get answers to your questions, start a new topic. You´re hijacking this one.Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

HiJacking, really. I thought this was about a shader and fixing water problems? Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I thought this was about a shader and fixing water problems
About the 'Shader mod' yes. More specifically about water 'customizations' in the waterconstants.xml file such as 'water animation speed', wave height, reflections etc. The waterconstants.xml does not change the water classes. You need UT for that and/or REX to change water colors which is what the other poster was refering to.

"Michael, when the shader mod is UN-installed it removes the ALLOW_SHADER_30 line from the fsx.cfg. So, if you installed the shader 3 mod on TOP of an already 'manual' shader 3 installation you will experience exactly what you are describing. Adding ALLOW_SHADER_30=1 back to the [GRAPHICS] section will fix it."Hi *******,the problem still exists.Did,what you`ve mentioned above---no luck.Michael