Sign in to follow this  
Guest anniesboy68

Unable to register Radar Contact

Guest anniesboy68

After re-installing all my flight sim stuff I am unable to register Radar Contact. In other words Radar contact will not accept the registration sent in reply to my application by e mail. After pasting the code the "page" {GUI is it?] waits a few seconds and then disappears. Upon trying to load it again the registration page appears again. Any ideas, please? :(

After re-installing all my flight sim stuff I am unable to register Radar Contact. In other words Radar contact will not accept the registration sent in reply to my application by e mail. After pasting the code the "page" {GUI is it?] waits a few seconds and then disappears. Upon trying to load it again the registration page appears again. Any ideas, please? :(
Have you changed any hardware since the original installation? That would require a new product key.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest anniesboy68

Ray....No new hardware installed. I did get a message of sorts after the installation of RC something along the lines of "FSX does not recognise your FSUIPC installation, please contact Microsoft for an update or something. FSX is working ok along with FSUIPC. I cannot see that that would have any bearing on it!!!! The only way to get that message correctly is to uninstall [yet again] and re install. One other factor [to my disgrace] is that I used a program to identify and uninstall all duplicate files,which I did, and messed up FSX which resulted in my removal of all Flight Sim associated progs, [addons] and subsequent re install. Also since then Just Flight's Air Hauler will not install other than through "safe mode". There you have it.... any ideas?....AB68

Guest anniesboy68

Regarding new hardware... I had to re install my Saitek set up!!!!, Yoke etc

Although you say FSX is working okay I would be inclined to reinstall or repair it especially when you can't get Air Hauler to install.Next, check your version of FSUIPC4. The latest official release can be downloaded here.Finally, once you're happy that FSX is running without problem (hopefully with Air Hauler installed) and there are no warnings about FSUIPC I would uninstall and reinstall RC4. Post your registration code here and I or JD will issue you with a product key.Sorry if this involves more work than you were anticipating but it's best to get a clean install of FSX before you go any further.

Regarding new hardware... I had to re install my Saitek set up!!!!, Yoke etc
That won't affect your RC registration code but if you have a registered copy of FSUIPC4 you're better off calibrating your yoke etc. via that than using the Saitek software. But see my other message.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I'm having the same problem. I did a fresh install last week of RC on my D: partition of my Win7 machine (where all my flight sim stuff is), sent the product ID number generated by the installer to the email address, received the code number back, pasted it in the Key Number box, and the installer then quit. When I re-ran the program, it asked for the validation key all over again. I've checked and re-checked these numbers, and they are correct. I'm running the latest registered versions of FSUIPC.I'm running as admin. I have no clue as to what to try in order to fix this. I've installed RC on my previous machines with no problem.Mike

Mike,I don't have Windows7 so can't help, sorry. You appear to have done everything correctly. I know JD does have W7 so he should be able to assist.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest anniesboy68

Ray...Thanks for the reply. First I should add that I am using Win 7 64bit. I am using the latest FSUIPC I would like to say that this is the second re- installation of FSX and add ons, and Air Hauler would not go on the first either. Saitek hardware is working ok, [even the pedals which I have had a lot of trouble with are working fine]. They were removed along with all the other add ons by myself in order to get a fresh install,they were not messed up by the removal of the duplicate files. Although I do appreciate your help and further help if need be, I am reluctant to remove all yet once more. . Tis a good job I'm retired [nearly78]. What about sending me another key, now. My product ID is 486194807. If you say no to this I will uninstall Radar contact and re install, then take it from there. AB68 [Dave]

Hi Dave,I can understand you not wanting to uninstall and reinstall. Try this product key. Hopefully it will solve your problems.BIGPKOBHGLGADIMADALNNAMKIJGEFBHG

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest anniesboy68

Ray....thanks. The key you have sent has been accepted. BUT, as a matter of great interest it's the same key that I have received twice from JDSo, what about that then? :( :( :( B) B)

Ray....thanks. The key you have sent has been accepted. BUT, as a matter of great interest it's the same key that I have received twice from JDSo, what about that then? :( :( :( B) B)
LOL! I haven't a clue why it wasn't accepted earlier but I'm pleased you're now up and running. Big%20Grin.gif

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest anniesboy68

Thanks,again over and out.

Mike,I don't have Windows7 so can't help, sorry. You appear to have done everything correctly. I know JD does have W7 so he should be able to assist.
I got it running last night. The problem seems to be with the instructions included with the package. If you register by generating your own email, the doc file says to enter the information in the format:nnnnnnnnn ! Firstname ! LastnameHowever, if you enter the information this way, you will not get the correct key. It needs to be entered in the format:nnnnnnnnn!Firstname!Lastnamewhich will give a valid (and quite different) key. Note the lack of spaces on either side of the exclamation point in the second example. I'm sure the automatically generated email has the correct format.Mike

Mike,Thanks for the info. I'll leave JD to respond since those are his instructions.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On second look, that doesn't appear to be what is going on, but I can’t explain why cut and paste from the first email doesn't work and the one from the second does work.Largely academic at this point as the program now loads, but I can’t get the cntrl-shift-M function to work under Win7, which is largely why I wanted to use RC.