Sign in to follow this  
Opa

Freeware Helicopters from Nemeth designs !

Just a heads up regarding some formerly payware Helicopter models now available as freeware from Nemeth Designs.http://www.nemethdesigns.com/freeware.html#pay01I just grabbed a copy of the Sikorsky S-76.
Thanks Opa! The Nemeth Sikorsky S-76 is great.Their FS9 Mil Mi-17, Mil Mi-24P (Hind), Kamov Ka-26 and Mil Mi-2 are still payware though. I was hoping these might get the freeware treatment too, especially the Mi-17.

To be fair, most of their payware stuff is worth buying though. Anyone who doesn't buy the Nemeth FSX Hughes MD500 Defender needs their head examining.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Just a heads up regarding some formerly payware Helicopter models now available as freeware from Nemeth Designs.http://www.nemethdesigns.com/freeware.html#pay01I just grabbed a copy of the Sikorsky S-76.
Thank you Opa. An excellent find. Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Thanks Opa - outstanding stuff. If anyone is interested in a similar payware to freeware opportunity, check out Iris. I think all of their former FS9 products are now freeware. The F14 Tomcat and the Harrier are a blast and their P40 Kittyhawk external model is superb with an okay interior too.

To be fair, most of their payware stuff is worth buying though. Anyone who doesn't buy the Nemeth FSX Hughes MD500 Defender needs their head examining.Al
Good point - though I don't have FSX I do think it's only fair to try to support those companies that are decent enough to do this and if I did have FSX (or more to the point, thought I could run it decently) I would buy their Huey in an instant. Then there are other companies that are still peddling old products to gullible customers, including one I saw recently that is still SELLING the Ready for Pushback 747-200 that was made available by the developers ages ago! I won't mention names, but it's really tempting. We should support those companies like Nemeth and IRIS and (now closed AlphaSim) who have the integrity to do this and boycott those who peddle obsolete products to FS newbies.. IMHO :(

Yup, obviously that one I mentioned is not much use to people who don't use FSX, but then again the FS9 version is on that freebie list and I don't suppose it can be vastly different from the payware FSX one, so it's almost certainly worth checking out as a freebie for FS9.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Once again, you have my thanks OPA!Best regards,Mel

I never bought a payware helicopter before so this will be a good chance to see what a payware helicopter is like.