Sign in to follow this  
yankeegolf3

FPS limiter limits nothing

hi,I am trying to make this FPS limiter thing work, to no avail. I followed the avsim tutorial (or I think so). FSX launches but I stil get FPS in the 40s even though I set it to 30 in fps limiter and unlimited in fsx.Here is what I have in the bat file which I use to launch fsxstart F:\"fps limiter\"FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9 /f:30 /x:ON /l:ON "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeI replaced ON by OFF, same resultwindows XP, nvidia 8800 gt, video inspector, vertical sync on Any idea?Thanks.

hi,I am trying to make this FPS limiter thing work, to no avail. I followed the avsim tutorial (or I think so). FSX launches but I stil get FPS in the 40s even though I set it to 30 in fps limiter and unlimited in fsx.Here is what I have in the bat file which I use to launch fsxstart F:\"fps limiter\"FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9 /f:30 /x:ON /l:ON "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeI replaced ON by OFF, same resultwindows XP, nvidia 8800 gt, video inspector, vertical sync on Any idea?Thanks.
If you are using ENB Series light bloom effects, the external fps limiter will not function.

I find that the limiter does not clamp the fps, but limits the fps swings.If I fly in the bush, I may get rates in the 40s.. but without the limiter, they would be swinginginto the 60s and back.Over PNW KSEA scenery, I actually get the limiter to hold right at the setting.At KSEA, see what you get and if it changes when you hit F11 and F12 a couple of times.

Bert

If you are using ENB Series light bloom effects, the external fps limiter will not function.
Thats news to me. I use them both with no issue.

Jim Wenham

Yep, I made the same experience!

Hi,so if I understand correctly, FPS limiter limits FPS but it does not show on the FPS counter !!!!If you want to buy a piece of software from me which is supposed to do things without your knowing it actually works, I am your man.. Just Kidding.gif
You could check your frames with FRAPS.

It most certainly SHOULD show by not allowing your frames over the set amount.BUT, for what it's worth, it stopped working for me also about 6 weeks ago.I did post here about it, but never found the reason. I suspect it was to do with a driver update, but even after rolling back the driver, it's never worked since.

Hi,so if I understand correctly, FPS limiter limits FPS but it does not show on the FPS counter !!!!
Not really... the FPS counter shows exactly what is happening.. :(

Bert

Guest scottmm73

I see that you have logging enabled. Attach your logfile, should be located in the FPS_Limiter root directory.

Thats news to me. I use them both with no issue.
According to NickN, they do not function together. He posted the technical reasons, and it has something to do with D3D or DirectX, but I don't remember exactly.

There is no closing quotes mark at the end of fsx.exe path, btw check is it right.If your bat is placed in the same directory that FPS_Limiter.exe then your bat should look likeFPS_Limiter.exe /f:30 /x:ON /l:ON "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe"
According to NickN, they do not function together.
But they do very well

There is no closing quotes mark at the end of fsx.exe path, btw check is it right.If your bat is placed in the same directory that FPS_Limiter.exe then your bat should look likeFPS_Limiter.exe /f:30 /x:ON /l:ON "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe" But they do very well
HiTHXWhat about the D3D9 thing?