Sign in to follow this  
moss1

Carenado Aircraft

Hey everyone. I purchased a couple Carenado FSX AC like the Bonanza F33 the Caravan and I might get the 35 just released. I have every product for FS9 when I used that version and there was a patch on Carenado's website that allowed you to update the FS9 models into FSX. EX: The Cessna 182RG and others. The patch is gone and we are forced to now buy FSX versions now. I don't mind doing that, but would have liked the option to use the patch on the 182 and maybe a couple of others so I don't have to buy all of them all over agian. Is there anywhere the patch can be gotten? I was bummed out that I don't have the choice to port a few over. I am going to contact Carenado after my quest here. Any suggestions for help would be most appreciated. The Bonanza 35 looks so nice, but it is like buying the same AC again as it is almost the same as the F33 other than nicer interior and the V Tail. It is tempting no matter how you look at it! Carenado is just amazing in the VC Dept. aren't they? :)Warm regards, Jeff

Hey everyone. I purchased a couple Carenado FSX AC like the Bonanza F33 the Caravan and I might get the 35 just released. I have every product for FS9 when I used that version and there was a patch on Carenado's website that allowed you to update the FS9 models into FSX. EX: The Cessna 182RG and others. The patch is gone and we are forced to now buy FSX versions now. I don't mind doing that, but would have liked the option to use the patch on the 182 and maybe a couple of others so I don't have to buy all of them all over agian. Is there anywhere the patch can be gotten? I was bummed out that I don't have the choice to port a few over. I am going to contact Carenado after my quest here. Any suggestions for help would be most appreciated. The Bonanza 35 looks so nice, but it is like buying the same AC again as it is almost the same as the F33 other than nicer interior and the V Tail. It is tempting no matter how you look at it! Carenado is just amazing in the VC Dept. aren't they? Warm regards, Jeff
Agreed, Carenado are amazing in the VC and in other departments too..To me, a warmed over FS9 model is not as "amazing" as the brand new FSX model,so I'm leaving the 182RG in FS9 which I hardly visit anymore and fly the F33a lot - and love it! IMHO $25 well spent :(

Bert

Hey Bert,There is a Carenado forum here on Avsim,You might want to post your question there aswell,I don't own anything from Carenado but I am looking forward to the C340.

Hey Bert,There is a Carenado forum here on Avsim,
I assume you mean "Jeff" :(

Bert

Hey Bert,There is a Carenado forum here on Avsim,You might want to post your question there aswell,I don't own anything from Carenado but I am looking forward to the C340.
Only trouble with that is Carenado are not very good at answering forum questions.

CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 750D FULL TOWER CASE - Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-9700K (3.6GHz) 12MB Cache - Gigabyte Z390 UD: ATX, LG1151 - 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz - NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - 2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE - 1TB INTEL® 760p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (upto 3230MB/sR | 1625MB/sW) - CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES - CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Lite 120 High Performance Liquid Cooler

As best I recall, all the patches did was point the installation to the \SimObjects folder of FSX instead of installing an \Aircraft folder, like FS9 would require. The weren't any changes to the files that made up the product.Absent these "patches", install into FSX and then cut and paste the Carenado folders to the required FSX location. Or... edit the FSX.cfg file to recognize the path to the \Aircraft folder that the installer will make.

Only trouble with that is Carenado are not very good at answering forum questions.
Yep, but "user to user" support is great there :(

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Thanks guys,I had success :) All I did was create a dummy Program Files directory on my other HD and installed from the original exe's, then copied the files to the correct places and they work great. They don't look as good as the FSX native models and the performance is a little less, but acceptable. The only thing I had a question about was creating thumbnails as there are "?" in my AC selection menu. I guess all I have to do is take a screen shot in FSX then save it as a jpeg at the size of another thumbnail I compare it to from another AC? There is a lot of difference in the FSX native models as far as the mapping which really adds depth to the textures of the aircraft as a whole. Thanks again for the suggestion "meshman". I thought the FS9 textures were not going to work in FSX. Have a good night everyone. Warm regards, Jeff

I have the patch. But cant upload. It says I am not permitted to upload this kind of file. It is a zip file. Any ideas? Thanks Dan

Go to:- http://www.mediafire.com/ Create an account for yourself, and put it there. It's free and it's easy (and safe).

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Ok I moved my Carenado P210 files to FSX into appropiate folders however I still have the problem of the instrument panel in VC view is transparent, it shows the ground in front of AC, Carenado discon the p210 for FSX is there an easy fix for this? Thanks

Greetings...I have the FS9 version and I'm trying to get it into FSX....When I manually install the aircraft, gauges, and effects into their right folders in FSX...the screen goes completely white when I select the aircraft.

I used to be able to do this...any ideas? Thanks.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The UNOFFICIAL Carenado Support Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Greetings...I have the FS9 version and I'm trying to get it into FSX....When I manually install the aircraft, gauges, and effects into their right folders in FSX...the screen goes completely white when I select the aircraft.

I used to be able to do this...any ideas? Thanks.

I'm sure this is not the answer that you are looking for, but after I switched from FS9 to FSX 8 years ago, I also attempted to move aircraft over.  Some worked, some did not..  Fact is, none of them remain.

There are just too many great native FSX planes.. including a great T210.

Bert