Sign in to follow this  
Guest georgi55

Video resolution used. Please just pick one of the selections and lets not get into long explanation replies to the poll. What resolution do you use when on the internet?

Yes! I forgot about that. Anchoring of polls would be a most welcomed feature enhancement. Thanks Scott!

Guest Lizardo

Mine is so high that all the people look like ants. Hey, wait a minute..that one just crawled onto the mouse pad!(no "click" for 1152x864)

Now I guess I'll publicize this poll in the high activity forums so hopefully I can get some concensus from most of the forum users.Also, thanks for pointing out some of the places where this poll came up short. Always seems to be the way that you see where things could have been stated better. However, so far the poll is pretty much giving me the info I needed.If you use more than one resolution, just pick the one that you use the most. If your resolution isn't listed, just pick the closest one on the lower end. That will make sure any skewing of the results leans towards the lowest common denominator.Thanks again.

1024x768 on a 19' and 2x17'. Someone raised a good point above, though ... I too make sure my website work is viewable 800x600, as so many people - particularly, in an office environment or those who don't run games or just can't see! - use this format. In fact one or two of mine still have not been updated from the 640x480 days (are those the right numbers? ... can't even remember) for the ancient laptop users amongst us.So if this poll is to search out the best format for Avsim .... well 800x600 viewability is a must.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

--BeachComer Stephen "Beach" Comer Real World Pile-it Commercial ASMEL, Instrument Airplane 4500 TT, 2500 BE20 & BE10

Guest Shocky

for surfing on the net I use 1280x1024 for FS I use 1600x1200 , like gary said, not one jaggie :-hahAll at 85Hz ofcourse :-hahAnd now we are talkin about screen resolutions etc.. Is there a way to get FS2002 run in 1600x1200x32? :-hmmm:-waveshocky :-hah

Yes there is a way to force FS to run at 1600x1200x32, assuming your monitor and video card support that. Simply set your desktop resolution at 1600X1200X32. Now open flight sim go to Optionshardware etc. and you should see a listing for that resolution. Give it a try, thats how I get mine to show 1600x1200x32.I normally run at 1280x960x32 on a 19" monitor however.

Guest Scott Campbell

Scott,You want to know the res of my BROWSER not FS. Shows what I get for reading carefully. If you hadn't posted on the FS forum about this, I wouldn't even have noticed.If it's my DESKTOP (which sets my browser size), then that's 800x600, so my vote of 1024x768 is wrong.I bet others misread the same as I did.

If the poll is to find out what resolution is optimum for the AVSIM web site, then in addition to the screen resolution at which visitor run their desktops, you also need to know how many people actually surf the web with the browser set to full screen. Actually, I believe Iain was pointing this out too.My desktop is at 1280x1024 but my browser is about 850x1000 (portrait orientation).

Using my Apple Cinema Display 22" LCD with his default resolution 1600x1024. :-)Albert Van Thournout :-wave (A Mac user from Belgium)http://users.skynet.be/avt/QS G4/DP800/1 GB RAMGeForce3 Video CardACD 22" LCDCH Flight Sim Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Scott,there must be something wrong with the poll. Yesterday I have voted for 800 x 600 resulution, but still there are only 15 votes for 800 x 600, the same as it was BEFORE I voted. So obviously my vote was not counted.Regards, Wolfgang

1152x864x32 / 85Hz {on Iiyama Vision Master Pro 411 (17")}