Sign in to follow this  
onerepublic

Aerosoft Lisbon 1.1 problem

Hi guys, I am having a problem here.The Lisbon airport textures,ground aswell they are shimmering, and it looks like they are not mip mapping. Does anybody have a fix for this? I was reading you can make the textures mip mapping yourself, but how?Any help giving is apperciated.Thanks alot,

Guest belga1

Hello,The tool you want:http://www.btinternet.com/~mnwright/programs/dxtbmp.htmRegards.bye.gifGus.

You must "reMIP" textures one by one. There is function on right side, just beneath the alpha channel, "include when saving". When checked, its goin' to save MIPMAP along with image, not checked, no mip map.

Actually, you can do it all in one go if you have Photoshop. You will need a version that can save mip-maps, so that would be one of the more recent versions of the CS edition of Photoshop, or one of the older ones with the NVidia plug in that give Photoshop the capability to save mip-maps.What you do is open the Actions palette in PS, choose 'record a new action', then open a texture and save it as a mip-mapped version, and when you've done that, stop recording the action to complete it. Next, go to the file menu in PS, go down to the 'automate' option and choose 'batch', then select the options for a batch process using the action you just recorded. That will then play your action on all the files in the folder you point to, so it'll batch process all the textures in one go.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thanks guys, I will give this a try later on and then I will report. Shame That I don't have PS, but I might just buy it if there is no other way ;)Thanks alot again,Claudio

Hi Guys I'm also interested in this.So do you open the texture, make sure mips is ticked and then just save it again with its original title? If I'm wrong could someone tell me the correct process please.Many thanks and best regards.Malcolm "Rooster" Hancock

Malcolm Hancock

You must "reMIP" textures one by one. There is function on right side, just beneath the alpha channel, "include when saving". When checked, its goin' to save MIPMAP along with image, not checked, no mip map.
Im just trying this, but when I select the texture, mip map is already checked ? Do I still just save or does it mean that the textures are already mip mapping?

It's checked by default, not saved, which don't mean that texture have mip map. You have to save it, and overwrite if asked.Same thing if you want to remove mip map, open file, uncheck, save and overwrite.

It's checked by default, not saved, which don't mean that texture have mip map. You have to save it, and overwrite if asked.Same thing if you want to remove mip map, open file, uncheck, save and overwrite.
Great I will give it ago, many thanks :)I´ll let you know :D

Thanks alot GUYS !!! Airport is looking sexy and now I can fly into it without my eyes hurting !!!Thanks alot Belga1, Dallyborr and Chock.Regards