Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Automated Tweaking and Tuning tool for FSX

Just released it today: http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.htmlIt's like an fsx.cfg critique tool :) it will analize yours and see whats wrong with it and even apply tweaks (if you need them) it analizes the file you 'send', so this is 100% safe. You could send a 'backup' fsx.cfg or a dummy one just for testing.

:( Amazing!My results:

:Congratulations! you have an optimal AffinityMask value!Congratulations! Your have an optimal RejectThreshold value!Congratulations! you already have HIGHMEMFIX set!You are running with frame rates set to unlimited, great! but MAKE SURE you use the 'external' frame rate limiter set to 'exactly' 30 FPS for optimal results.Congratulations! you already have an optimal TextureMaxLoad value!Congratulations! You already have an optimal SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT value.Optimal A/C shadow settings have been appliedGround shadows kill performance, adjusting.Your Mesh resolution have been adjusted.Your Cloud draw distance has been adjusted for performance.Your Fiber frame time fraction is way off! it has been removed.Your scenery complexity is too high for your hardware! adjusting.Removing overlay tips to avoid graphics corruption.Adjusting airport scenery vehicles.You have A/C reflections disabled. They can only be enabled via fsx.cfg edit.If using nVidia Hardware MAKE SURE you disable Transparency Anti-aliasing for improved smoothness.
Will test the new .cfg and report back in a few minutes

Juan Ramos

new .cfg and report back in a few minutes
It seems you already had a very good one :)

Thank you so much for this and all of your other contributions to the community, *******. I thought I had all the tweaks and tricks applied but I didn't! Really cool stuff.

Hey! This is AMAZING.I have FSX nearly maxed out (But without ground/plane shadows or bloom) with clouds everywhere until the horizon, REX, real weather over TNCM and im getting 28FPS :|witchcraft!!! :( :( :( B) now only need to find out about the 'external' frame rate limiterthis is a HUGE success! THANKS!!!Tested with this system: Q6600 @ 3.6, 4GB DDR2-1000, GTX 460 768MB, 1440x900.

Juan Ramos

Thank you so much for this and all of your other contributions to the community, *******. I thought I had all the tweaks and tricks applied but I didn't! Really cool stuff.
Tks ;) I guess this is a better solution than posting my fsx.cfg every 3 months. It checks almost every detail in your fsx.cfg, so it can also be used as a 'validator' to check for errors.

*******, do you see anything wrong on my antialiasing settings? or everything its ok? (GTX 460 768MB)sh01a.jpg

Juan Ramos

*******, do you see anything wrong on my antialiasing settings? or everything its ok? (GTX 460 768MB)
Don't worry, they are perfect. Anti-Alias transparency is disabled. If you enable it you'll notice how you get stutters in areas with very dense scenery (not autogen) but scenery objects.

*******, Thanks so much for all of your hard work. I must have already tweaked my system as much as possible. The tool actually lowered everything way lower and to be honest, I actually get better performance with everything turned up....weird....and of course everything looks much better turned up. My only issue as mentioned before in my other thread was the effects like water spray, clouds, AI etc.. I will try it again as I didn't spend much time with it. I just didn't like auto gen on sparse, scenery complx on norm and the radius on the lowest setting because everything was blurry with that setting by the tool. I will let you know after i test it during the week. Thanks again, you are a gifted community member and all of your work is appreciated by everyone here and me. If I could just get the few issues worked out that would be great and I don't want to take this thread OT so i'll stop here. Thanks again. :)Warm regards, Jeff

Same here Jeff, it lowered a lot of my settings, yet I lost performance... I'm gonna change the settings one by one and test and see whats causing it.

Same here Jeff, it lowered a lot of my settings, yet I lost performance... I'm gonna change the settings one by one and test and see whats causing it.
The file you download contains a 'link' to your original fsx.cfg. So, its very easy to see what was changed and revert to your old settings in an eye blink. The text in 'blue' is the actual changes that get applied.I'm very interested in knowing your hardware specs and the options you selected when using the tool.

Appreciate the effort to assist the FS community however tried the tool but it cut my fps by about a third - reverting to my original minimally tweaked fsx.cfg.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

WOW! This is great. I just ran through my FSX.cgf. I'll check it tomorrow to see if it made a difference.Thank you so much.

Just released it today: http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.htmlIt's like an fsx.cfg critique tool :) it will analize yours and see whats wrong with it and even apply tweaks (if you need them) it analizes the file you 'send', so this is 100% safe. You could send a 'backup' fsx.cfg or a dummy one just for testing.
OK I did exactly as was directed ended up getting a screen that said OK your document has moved here, clicked on the link and ended up with Spanish stuff and something about error 500.Have no idea what's going on.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

ahahahha You don't list a geforce 8 series card in the dropdown. Does that mean my system is too weak lol?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |