Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Automated Tweaking and Tuning tool for FSX

Seeing some guys jumping on with sentences like "ok, I will donate now" gives this thing a wrong direction, as they seem to look for those secrets now while don't seeing your efforts before. This might pay out of course, but I don't have the impression that you are on guy looking for money.
I see what you mean, and you are totally right. I really was under the impresion that 'rewarding' the gesture with some 'aditional' info would be the best way of saying 'thanks'. Anyway, no big deal. Bojote will share this with all.I'm writing a PDF document instead and posting it as a download link for all to see. There a a couple more tweaks there, but I need to make sure they are FULLY explained before I release it, so I'll take my time making it dummy proof so it won't create "FSX havoc" on some users computers... :)

I have donated and it`s ok for me.Without *******`work,many of us would fly an FSX far away from the settingsthat we now can make.Also i don`t think,that he has a bad intention the way he handles his "secrets".It is one way to say "thank you",others have an other way to do so.So i would suggest-----stay fair.With my donation i want to say,that i respect the work,i don`t like the behaviour getting everything for free.Michael

Also i don`t think,that he has a bad intention the way he handles his "secrets".
1) They involve adding a line to your [GRAPHICS] section that changes the way shader effects are compiled so when you enter new areas the actual in-game compile of the shader effect is instant.2) Balancing of FFTF depending on # of secondary threads to avoid frame rate volatility when fiber jobs are getting hammered.3) A couple of texture replacements (you'll actually need your ORIGINAL SP2 textures) to avoid stuttering in turns around airports with LONG runways.There are a couple more points.. but I need to change the contents and make it more 'formal' for public release. after this little 'incident' I think I learned the lesson ;)

Thanks for regarding my aspect, *******. As said, if some of your newer stuff needs proof or testing, no one will ever doubt that a smaller group of people is the right way to go there, so keep your plans with developing first and later presenting it to the broader public, that's the right way to go in my eyes.I just like to dissociate myself from PFL's statement, which could have been partially triggered by my post. I don't see any harm on our hobby or even a religious movement of some kind here. I'm actually a bit surprised how those thoughts came up on his side, but I don't know the background there of course.However, I appreciate your decision and and once again the continued efforts on enhancing stuff around FSX and Prepar3d while staying self-reflective and free in service, with a true "donate" option. :( Keep up that work, it's always interesting to follow.

Guest PFL

CooIP: That's OK, but why are you so scared about being "associated" with me?I don't really question Bojotes intentions, but it's the exact same mechanics they use in all succesfull cults all over the world!Give something for free, and later - when they really, really want your stuff, charge them...Now I might be older than you, I've been there, done that, and it doesn't matter if it's FSX or something else, the workings are the same...Actually, when I look at all these threads here about this and that, and i.e. the new Sandy Bridge CPU, where people are fighting already, I sometimes questions the sanity of this weird hobby and it's participants!So now there's a new Guru in the Simworld, the old one - NickN - left this forum, but his work and cautious wise words about tweaking are still current, if you can find them...

CooIP: That's OK, but why are you so scared about being "associated" with me?I don't really question Bojotes intentions, but it's the exact same mechanics they use in all succesfull cults all over the world!Give something for free, and later - when they really, really want your stuff, charge them...Now I might be older than you, I've been there, done that, and it doesn't matter if it's FSX or something else, the workings are the same...Actually, when I look at all these threads here about this and that, and i.e. the new Sandy Bridge CPU, where people are fighting already, I sometimes questions the sanity of this weird hobby and it's participants!So now there's a new Guru in the Simworld, the old one - NickN - left this forum, but his work and cautious wise words about tweaking are still current, if you can find them...
Nick N's Forum : http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic29041.html

Mario Lobo

P3D v:4.5| Win 10 2004 x64 pro | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E | i9-9900KS@ 5.1Ghz(OC) | Thermaltake Water Extreme 3.0 | G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-32GTRS TZ Royal (16x2)32G Kit DDR4 3200Mhz | 11GB RTX 2080 TI Asus STRIX OC| 1x Samsung 970 PRO M.2 512GB | Samsung 970 PRO 1TB | 2x Samsung 860 PRO 2TB| Tt ToughpowerXT 875W | CoolerMaster HAF X Tower

I don't really question Bojotes intentions, but it's the exact same mechanics they use in all succesfull cults all over the world!
Simon, no need to assume and jump to conclusions so quick. You also have no right to bash any religion or call it a 'cult'! try to at least stay on topic.

You also have no right to bash any religion or call it a 'cult'! try to at least stay on topic.
..and I'll add to that: I think that your comments here, PFL, aimed at ******* and the Avsim members here - that use the fruits of his free labour - is a despicable and underhanded attempt to create controversy, divisiveness and a 'bad taste' in our pretty enjoyable, fun relationship. It seems that this may be an extension of another of your posts - this one a blatantly racist post, wherein David Roch threatened to ban you from these forums:- http://forum.avsim.net/topic/322317-ezdok-camera-is-frustrating-at-best/page__hl__pfl__st__60
Please keep our hobby free from this, thanks!
Perhaps you should take your own advice.Close the post at your leisure, David, it's no longer fun. Thanks.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Why do we feel the need to lock an entire topic in an effort to keep one person from commenting. 18 pages of helpful dialog and someone makes a comment that some don't like and we throw it all out with the trash? Let's just move on and continue what has been extraordinarily helpful to most of us and disregard the rest. Too much armchair forum moderation in my opinion.2 cents worth.

- Aaron

Why do we feel the need to lock an entire topic in an effort to keep one person from commenting. 18 pages of helpful dialog and someone makes a comment that some don't like and we throw it all out with the trash? Let's just move on and continue what has been extraordinarily helpful to most of us and disregard the rest. Too much armchair forum moderation in my opinion.2 cents worth.
Agreed - just drop / ban the bad apple(s).

Guest PFL

Yeah, get rid of all the ugly stuff, and lets keep the fluffy dreams about a fluid flightsim!Why do these Bojote threads never stop?People keep coming back for more and more, because the sim behaves weird when you apply tweak no. 1, but gets better with no. 2, but then again, with tweak no. 3 it's awfull. etc.One day it´s this little problem, that little adjustment, then I'll be fine, the next day a new problem, there's always something wrong, it will never stop.I appreciate what Bojote has done particurlaly with the HIGHMEMFIX and BP=0, believe me (the rest is not needed), but I don't like the never ending "feeding" with new tricks / tweaks / settings etc., and the last and final thing was the money issue...Make a business out of it, you can do it, but don't do this pretending with the donations...OK; report me, throw me out, or maybe I'll walk myself!

Excellent Job! JesusYour tweaks when applied last after Nick N's suggestions: http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic29041.htmlHas made a tremendous difference on my FSX experience..Am in the process of installing SSDs - am anticipating further improvements.. more towards W7 and SIM loading times alone.

Mario Lobo

P3D v:4.5| Win 10 2004 x64 pro | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E | i9-9900KS@ 5.1Ghz(OC) | Thermaltake Water Extreme 3.0 | G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-32GTRS TZ Royal (16x2)32G Kit DDR4 3200Mhz | 11GB RTX 2080 TI Asus STRIX OC| 1x Samsung 970 PRO M.2 512GB | Samsung 970 PRO 1TB | 2x Samsung 860 PRO 2TB| Tt ToughpowerXT 875W | CoolerMaster HAF X Tower

Excellent Job! JesusYour tweaks when applied last after Nick N's suggestions: http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic29041.htmlHas made a tremendous difference on my FSX experience..Am in the process of installing SSDs - am anticipating further improvements.. more towards W7 and SIM loading times alone.
Hi Mario,yes.. most people usually do exactly that, they read NickN's guide and once things are STABLE and working correctly they start adding tweaks. They can do it one by one or simply upload the file to the FSX Online Tweak tool here: http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

Hi Bojote,I just wanted to say thank you very much for the automated tweaking tool. I, for one, will gladly donate to at least help offset website costs and such (and also to make the haters more irate). Just a quick question - I try to stay current with the latest tweaks but it seems to change quite often. As far as you updating the tool itself, is it worth my while to revisit the tool every month or so and see if it changes anything new? Thank you again my friend. Your wisdom is helping me squeeze every inch I can out of my machine.Jack

Great job *******!I tried your tweaking tool 2 days ago, and I was really surprised by the results, mainly around heavy scenery. I did notice a slight fps increase around these areas, but mostly it was the stabile fps count that produced an excellent result. Using Aerosoft's Mega Scenery for example, i was getting around 12-15 fps before, whereas after the tweaks I had a steady 17-20! However, last night I had my first CTD, after a two hour flight, and I'm not sure what caused it, since it's the first time I'm using a tweaked fsx.cfg and fps limiter (as suggested). I guess the best place to start from would be the bufferpools???Thanks again for your great input to the community.P.S. It was also the first time I was flying with the LDS-767, so there could be an issue with the UIAutomationCore.dll as mentioned before. However, I didn't have a CTD while using the ground menu or whatsoever.