Sign in to follow this  
Guest KD Larsen

Here's an intersting quote from Bushwatch.net:

Guest B1900 Mech

Analysis of Bush presidency suggests a nation overthrownConsider this: An inarticulate, politically inexperienced man with family links to a previous national regime comes to provincial leadership. Subsequently he gains the highest national office without winning the popular vote. The election in which he was declared the victor is considered compromised by his brother's province. He appoints a chief law enforcement officer who has repeatedly called for constitutional revisions. Regulatory agencies are filled with those previously regulated. Soldiers patrol transportation centers. International treaties are abrogated. International legal organizations are shunned. Roles of police and military are blurred. Law enforcement agencies are centralized. Individual civil rights are reduced. A "shadow" government is created.Domestic surveillance is increased. People are encouraged to spy on each other. Military budgets are increased. The military establishes a disinformation program. Media access to government is limited. Consultations with the legislative branch decline. Connections to corrupt corporate sponsors are disavowed. Efforts to further plunder natural resources for profit are initiated. Access to past administrations' documents is limited. A war mentality is established with imprecise enemies. Nebulous fear- inducing alerts are periodically released. National level profiling is introduced. People are imprisoned without public charges and unknown others are "disappeared." Does the word "coup" come to mind? --Bill Petz

While I enjoy politics possibly more that I do flying and would happily debate you in the appropriate forum (Avsim is not), do yourself a favor and realize just who you quote here. Bill Petz??? You gotta be kidding me

Yep, and his candidate (the man who would have really implemented the measures he describes) lost an election he tried to frame.The commies hate Bush for winning an election they thought they had cornered by vote manipulation (paying people to vote for you is against the law, as is counting invalid votes as being for you...).

Guest B1900 Mech

I thought the "commie's" were are friends now! I guess I gotta stop watching the "new's"! :) PS, I hear you trashing the messenger, but not the substance of the message? As long as there are Rightwing milataristic veiws posted on this forum, I feel obligated to post a 180 veiw :) Is that not what America is all about? I think I have some relatives that died on the Green in Lexington Mass fighting tyrany.

Why are you guys talking politics in the Avsim forum. They guy has a point. Al Gore would have been elected. If all the illegal votes had been counted. It has almost been two years and you guys still havn't got over the fact that you lost according to the rule of law. "Every one's votes count." Oh, but not the military votes. Al Gore is a complete joke. Are you sure you are not from Europe.DAVID C. FREEMANCONTINENTAL VIRTUAL AIRLINESHouston

Guest KD Larsen

Being from Europe, I can't comment so much on who was the rightful winner..BUT, I like the way it all ended: Having a judge decide who should win. It seems so unreal, that you wouldn't believe it. In fact, it reminds me of the good old days, a few years ago, where a US court granted a US firm the rights to the wreck of a British Ship, lying in International Waters :D