Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Announcement regarding Flight Manual Availability

Captains-PMDG BAe JS4100 - Full, Printed Flight Operations Manual.We will be making available a bound, printed version of the PMDG BAe JS4100 Flight Operations Manual.The PMDG BAe JS4100 FOM will be printed and bound in a white vinyl binder with the PMDG logo and high resolution image of the PMDG BAe JS4100 on the cover. The manual will come with the same tabs and chapter divisions as the actual BAe JS4100 Flight Operations Manual, and will include all of the information available in the pdf version of the manual that shipped with the PMDG BAe JS4100.This manual will be made available for sale during the coming week.PMDG 737NGX Manuals, Training Guides and Quick Reference HandbookLast week we finally reached an agreement that will allow us to offer the full, printed B737NG flight manuals set in advance of the PMDG 737NGX release!The manuals will be printed and bound in white binders with the PMDG logo with an image of the PMDG 737-800 on the cover. (In similar fashion to how the PMDG MD-11 manuals were printed.) The QRH will be bound with a ribbed spine in precisely the fashion used aboard Boeing 737NG airlines the world-over.The following manuals will be made available:Flight Crew Operations Manual, Volume 1: This manual will provide you with copies of all relevant operating service advisories, limitations, normal procedures, supplemental procedures, dispatch and flight performance data. This book will give you all of the information you need to operate the PMDG 737NGX safely in any operating environment. Total Volume: 1,170 pages, with indexes and chapter tabs.Flight Crew Operations Manual, Volume 2: This manual will provide you with an in depth look at all of the systems on your new 737NGX, along with detailed descriptions, charts, diagrams, graphs and operating instructions. This volume will give you everything you need to truly understand what is happening behind each switch, display, gauge and annunciator. Total Volume: 1,242 pages, with indexes and chapter tabs.Flight Crew Training Manual: This manual will provide you with specific, detailed procedures and step-by-step guides to take you through every single phase of flight in your new PMDG 737NGX. From initial preflight, through takeoff, aborted takeoffs, normal and single engine climbs, cruise flight, descent, one and two engine approaches of all types, landing, taxi-in and shut-down. If you want to learn how to operate your PMDG 737NGX like the pro's- this book will teach you everything you need to know. Total volume: 416 pages, with indexes and chapter tabs.Quick Reference Handbook: This is the exact guide carried on the flight deck of every 737NG in the world. This handbook takes you through the trouble-shooting, diagnostic and in-flight decisions making required to handle any abnormal flight condition from hung starts to system and indication failures, and nearly every other possible failure scenario the might be experienced by a crew in flight. Total volume: 452 pages, with easy-reverse spine, quick access tabs and cover pages. (This document will be available in color OR b/w for those that are budget sensitive.)737NG Diagrams and System Schematic Guides: This 25 page document will provide you with detailed diagrams and schematics in large format to simplify your study of the complex 737 systems.PMDG 737NGX Cockpit Training Posters: These full color posters, complete with the PMDG 737NGX outline and brand logo will provide the perfect cockpit study aid because they match the cockpit layout and equipment options installed in the PMDG 737NGX. Printed on high quality, durable stock, you will be able to keep the poster rolled up for quick access, laminate it for added protection, or you may find it suitable for framing and hanging on the wall in your "sim pit."I should note here that these manuals are not stylized versions that we have created for use only with our software- these manuals are the exact manuals, current as of the date of printing, that are given to crews showing up for initial 737 Type Training on the 737NG airplane.These manuals are being published under license, which means that we are able to give you current, up-to-date information and procedures including performance tables, operating procedures and service advisories compiled by Boeing to alert airline operators of "quirks, abnormalities and advisories" related to operating the 737NG airplane in the real world.We have partnered with Boeing on this project in order to provide you with a fully functioning simulation of the 737NG airplane from the moment you turn on the battery, until the moment you turn it off at your final destination. Our expectation is that the airplane simulation should behave precisely as you would expect the airplane to behave, and as such we are happy to provide you with the full set of airplane manuals for your use. These up-to-date manuals are not cheap reproductions run out of a photocopy machine, but high quality aeronautical manuals published in the same manner as the aircraft's actual flight manuals.The true measure of simulation accuracy comes when you, the sim-user sits down with the actual aircraft flight manuals and begins to operate the airplane. Does the simulation respond as the manual would have you expect? It should!We anticipate that almost every single page of the entire 3,305 pages will provide you with nearly perfect information on the operation of your PMDG 737NGX. When you read of a specific technique, quirk or limitation in the manuals, you will find that these behaviors are perfectly mirrored in the software.We are currently sorting out the final details on pricing and we anticipate making these manuals available for sale within the next 7-10 days. We are doing our best to hold the line on pricing, but I must mention that there are significant costs associated with the licensing/printing of these materials, and as such the cost will reflect the final product completeness and quality. Also, I should also point out that Boeing has not yet agreed that these up-to-date flight manuals will be made available via our download pages. The pdf manuals will be included in the final PMDG 737NGX product, but as of this writing we do not yet have license to distribute them digitally outside of the product itself. (We are still negotiating on this requirement, and I will keep you posted- but the manuals are owned by Boeing and their wishes must be followed.)Okay- I hope that will excite a few of you... And to think that your manuals will arrive in time for the holidays!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Capt. Randazzo,I've been watching and waiting like the rest for the new 73 for some time. Its been worth the wait.I remember ordering (I think) the 777 back in 2000? or so, cant quite remember now... was some time ago.The quality of the service you provided then was as good as it is now. All very impressive.The news of the manuals is fantastic, and very professional.Thank you for the hard work, I look forward to my first purchase in many a year.Regards,David Stewart.Perth, Western Australia.

David Stewart, Dianella, Western Australia.

New PC coming one day! | In the meantime I fly with; AMD X64 1.2Ghz Dual Core | 6Gb Ram | 6600GT | Old case | FSX | REX | Superbug FA-18F | Capt Sim 767 | ORBX Aust Scenery |

Jandakot | PC12 & numerous others.

Wow,this is fantastic news. Just a quick question. Will the manuals for the NGX be available separately, in other words,will I be able to purchase only the Flight Crew Training Manual and the Quick Reference Handbook? Or will it be sold only as a package.Thanks a lot for this very exciting product.Richard Simoneau

Interesting news - looking forward to the pricing details, not least the cost of shipping outside the US :(

Great Captain Randazzo,I can't wait so it would be easier to learn about PMDG BAe JS4100 for me and I won't switch during flight from FSX window and PDF one anymore.ThanksRiccardo ManualiITALY

Nice,do you also ship to europe, if yes, how much are the deliverycosts?thank youMichael Knittl

Richard-Yes- i may not have made this clear in my post: You can purchase the entire set, or you can purchase one piece... or you can purchase multiple pieces. The goal is to make it as easy for you to get what you want...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Will these manuals be available through distributers in the UK and Europe?[i am thinking possibily the UK's largest, being FlightStore.co.uk]?Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

So Robert your statement that we will have something to read over the holidays is that a saying the software will not be out by that time? I plan on buying a full set so at least while my daughter is playing with her presents I will have some good reading to do. JeffG

Jeffrey Gerbert

I definitely have an interest in that package - but I have to wait until I see the pricing. I do not intend to spend more than the same amount of money that I spent for the MD11 Manuals with shipping to Europe.But I thank you very much for the possibility to have them.cheers

Ok, I am losing it. I swore I read these manuals would be released a week before the ngx release and these manuals would be released in 7-10 days... now I can't find it. But sweet anyways! Never owned a manual and since you guys are going all out on them, its sounds like I should pick one up.Taylor Oldham

Dear Capt Randazzo, It seems to me that I am actually getting a 737. The exact same 737 that airlines pay several million dollars to the boeing company for. Thank you and the rest of the team for all your hard work!!!

Captain,While you haven't yet indicated what the price for the NGX manuals will be, you had mentioned a while ago that the MD-11 manuals were very overpriced, and you expect the NGX ones to be more affordable. Is this still true?