Sign in to follow this  

Question: Who thinks we went to the Moon?

Guest Iain Spowart

Hi there,I couldn't see any way to make this a poll but I was wondering whether people here think that the Apollo missions to the Moon were faked or not.I've seen the documentaries, I've read the articles, and I don't know what to think.All I'll say is this: two of my favourite movies are 'The Right Stuff' and 'Apollo 13' - if we didn't go to the Moon then I'd be very disappointed!(If anyone at AVSIM can turn this into a poll with yes/no/maybe(!) choices then I'd appreciate it!)Iain Spowart,Scotland.Webmaster and photographer,Scottish Claymores 2002Cheerleaders Fan Sitehttp://avsim.iainspowart.com/2002-s.jpghttp://www.claymorescheerleaders.comhttp://www.iainspowart.com

Hey, If we didn't go, then it would mean several thousands of people were involved in the coverup and that they have all stayed silent for more than 30 years. A highly unlikely happening. But then again all of those involved in the JFK acoverup, the TWA 800 coverup, the Area 51 coverups, FDR's Pearl Harbor coverup, etc., have stayed silent for many years........Bob :)

United States - which you call "we" (please remember there are some other countries... ;)) - did go to the moon. Those conspiracy theories are so terribly naive. Plus, they base their theories on things that aren't facts. For instance, they claim the shadows are falling wrong. Haha... Show me some evidence. :) The flag was "flapping" in the wind... Yea right. :D It was still and we all know it was a technical failure with the flag. It wasn't flapping. And hey, all of you who invented those conspiracy theories, do you seriously think NASA would be that stupid to miss such a detail? ;) I don't think so. :)Also people saw when the space ship was taking off, and watched it during the trip, with telescopes. Anyone thinks they should have faked this one, two, three, four, five, six times? :-lol :-lolHehe. :) I can just laugh at these "theories".So, no need to worry. NASA has done a great job here. :)Dave

haha..I agree. Those conspiracy theories don't sell me either. Too many people involved for it to be a cover-up IMO. These theories are made by peole that make sites like this one.http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/So, YES..I do believe that the United States was on the moon on the day that people saw it on TV.Take careMike

Guest Iain Spowart

David,When I said 'we' I meant the human race - I'm not from the United States either. I agree, no way could the Apollo launches be faked. But did they get to the Moon, or was it just a movie set at Area 51!I want to believe that they landed on the Moon. (My next watch purchase could depend on it!) I'm just curious what everyone here thinks :-)Iain Spowart,Scotland.

Guest Iain Spowart

Mike,I saw your post earlier and I loved that site, very amusing :-)I sometimes wonder what people are smoking! (In my case it's usually vodka :-))Iain Spowart,Scotland.

Sorry about that. :) I suppose I should read carefully next time, now seeing you're from Scotland... :DTake care. :)Dave

Guest Scott Campbell

I know we (humanity) definitely went to the moon, because we are highly capable of anything we put our minds to. That and my dad worked on a small part of the project.What irritates me is that we don't have the equipment or "technology" to do it today because we're blowing money blowing up stuff. Why invent and progress when you can blow up and kill?Hmmm...kinda like what was going on in the 60's when we first did it, thus turning people's interest away from space to the real problems on Earth. Wish we had that part today.What's really funny with all those conspiracy people is that in doing so, they are saying that humanity has no abvility to do anything - it must all be fake. Tells me a lot about those people's own abilities. I guess everything is fake and we're all just sitting in caves unable to bang the rocks together. It's all made up in Hollyrock.

Guest Iain Spowart

Scott,I remember reading an article by Carl Sagan many years ago pointing out that if we (the human race) stopped spending money on the arms-race (this article was back in the '80s) we could have sent people to Mars etc.I had always hoped that by the time we got to 2001 the technology in the film '2001' would be commonplace. Alas it was not to be.Iain Spowart,Scotland.

why do you guys in Scotland care? 99% of the time you can't even see the moon, let alone know whether there is any activity going on there, and the 1% you can see it, you are doing Hagmane (spelling???) or practiciing for it! And then you wouldn't know it existed anyway! :-lolThe truth is that what we really did is send a deep submergence vehicle to Atlantis. The images from the "moon" were actually staged shots with Atlantians to throw off the Russians, who in turn would throw billions of dollars in their own space efforts. Proof? Who do you think informed the U.S. Navy of the position of the Titanic, who in turn fed that to Bob Ballard of WHOI? It sure wasn't a radio signal from the moon! :-abduct

Guest Iain Spowart

Tom,You crack me up! :-lolP.S. If you're at HMS Collingwood again anytime soon, try to find CWEA Paula Day and say 'hi' to her from me! :-)Edit: P.P.S. It's spelt 'Hogmany' but since my name is the Anglicised version of 'Ivan' I'm entitled to celebrate (or practice :-)) it with vodka :-lolIain Spowart,Scotland.

Oh, I will most certainly be there again and at Abby Wood and it increasingly looks like Portsdown too .... Are there any warning notices that I should be sent in email before I say "hi"? :-lol

Guest Iain Spowart

Tom,No warning messages required. I knew her during my time at Colling-grad (:-lol) and have just been back in touch with her after 10 years thanks to the http://www.friendsreunited.com website.She's going on to HMS Southampton next year as the gyro maintainer (hopefully won't be running aground anywhere!) but she's back at Collingwood just now for training.Iain Spowart,Scotland.

Gyro Maintainer??? You have got to be kidding me. What's she working on? NCS-1's, MK19's, MK37's or MK12's??? Or is she working on MK49's or NATO SINS? :-lolHave her send me an email... We have a lot common "interests", I suspect. Actually, I was at the Gyro Maintainer's school 6 weeks or so ago.