Sign in to follow this  
apollomaker

Door Manager

Hello All --- well I finally got around to testing the door/exit manager panel in the Caravan, and mine does not work as one would expect.No matter what door I try to operate, only the pilot's door works.....hmmmm. What may I be doing wrong or did I miss in the setup??I have the service pack installed. Many Thanks --- Bob :(

• Upvote 1

the same here, still waiting for an update. And on my computer with an ATI card ithas got no textures inside :(On my laptop it is running great though. Pitty, cause I love this plane!

the same here, still waiting for an update. And on my computer with an ATI card ithas got no textures inside :(On my laptop it is running great though. Pitty, cause I love this plane!
Hello Rodger ----Thanks for the feedback. At least now I know I have not messed something in my install up Big%20Grin.gif Was also thinking that you might need the add-on expansion pack but the descriptions of both the standard aircraftand the expansion pack both say they provide the exit manager so I am confused. Maybe I will send an email to the folksat Carenado about it and see what they say. Yes, it is a great plane. The stock plane does need a few minor tweaks whenyou set it up, but after that, it flies like it should Big%20Grin.gif ------Will post anything I hear.

Make absolutely sure that you aren't parked next to a fueling station. The "footprint" of fueling stations in FSX is too large, and will block proper door operation. :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Make absolutely sure that you aren't parked next to a fueling station. The "footprint" of fueling stations in FSX is too large, and will block proper door operation. Black Eye.gif
Howdy Bill --- and thanks!!! Yes, I found out early on that the fueling stations would really stop your doors .In that case, my doors will open but then immediately shut. Argh!!!I have tested mine in several places, and with power on and off. Every configuration I could think of but no joy with the Caravan. I can open the copilot door from the inside but then getting it closed is another issue all together. I think this is one that Carenado is going to have to address. Also trying to find someone who has been through the exercise of installing the Reality XP WX500 radar in place of the stock Carenado radar. Lots of little improvements could really make this an even better aircraft and I am having fun with it now.Thanks!!!! Big%20Grin.gif

I also have this problem. Only the pilot's door opens and closes, and none of the others. I am running SP2 and not Acceleration.

I also have this problem. Only the pilot's door opens and closes, and none of the others. I am running SP2 and not Acceleration.
Hello Eberhard -----Saw your earlier post on this issue before along with the other issues. Would have to agree there are some things that need fixing on the Caravan.It is unfortunate that a great plane as this does not get these kinds of issues fixed in the first service pack release. This is not a cheap add-on. I also have the Carenado Beech V35B which is a great plane too but was much cleaner that this release. I am sure Carenado has heard all about these issues from customers so I am holding off sending an email to them. Hoping they stand behind this product and clean it up. A great plane for the flight line for light cargo and passenger service. And it would be a superb lake hopper for the back country flying services Big%20Grin.gif Cheers!!!!

HiI must admit that I also had the door manager issue, and eventually made my own version of the manager for both the Pax and cargo version, that on my Vista 64 set-up works every time, well up to now that is.Jim Hodkinson

Just another issue fixed again by users and not carenado.. It really is a shame that they keep on releasing new aircraft and then expect the users to fix the problems for them. IMHO that is not good practice and more and more people see this trend and it is observed in a really negative light.Please share with us how you fixed it. You can also send an email with data to bliksimpie at gmail dot com.I would really appreciate the fix

HiAs mentioned this was originally just for my own issues with the doors, but you are welcome to try out the files, but please realise that this will in no way shape or form be supported by Carrenado, it is my own creation, and as such if you do have any problems with it then just let me know and I will try my best to help if I can.By the way you have an E-Mail on it’s way with everything you should need to try the door gauge, I hope you find it of some use.Take care, and have fun.Jim Hodkinson

HiI must admit that I also had the door manager issue, and eventually made my own version of the manager for both the Pax and cargo version, that on my Vista 64 set-up works every time, well up to now that is.Jim Hodkinson
Hello Jim!I also have trouble opening the doors as I use FSX with SP2 (without Acceleration). Is there a possibility that you could send me your files, too? I would be very happy being able to use this bird properly! Thanks in advance!Johannes Büschleb

Jim, thank you so much for your fast reply and your file! I´ll immediately try it out and report back!Johannes BüschlebEdit:Your files are working perfectly, problem solved! Thank you also for your detailed installation instructions!Have an nice 4th advent!Johannes Büschleb