Sign in to follow this  
apollomaker

Door Manager

Dear Jim,

If you could send me a copy of your patch I would also appreciate it very much.

Alexander

alekfeher@hotmail.com

Hi Alexander

You most certainly can, I have sent you a PM and sent a copy via your E-Mail address, with the download link for the files and installation instructions but you probably know that by now, and although you should not have any problems with it, if by some chance you should have then please let me know and I will try my best to help if I can.

By the way and just a heads up, but it is not really a good idea to post your E-Mail address on an open forum as you may end up with a lot more spam mail than you would care for.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Hi Jim,

Glad to see your door patch is still in demand. My patch you sent me a while back is still working flawlessly.

I hope you don't mind my asking but I have a question, did you attribute the door problem down to fsx running with SP2 instead of Acceleration? I ask this as I have the CeraSimulations Bell 222 helicopter which has the same problem with a similar door manager popup to the Carenado C208, It doesn't matter which door I click on, there are 4 passenger doors, only the pilots door opens. Was the patch you made easy to do, or quite tricky? I have contacted CeraSimulations who tell me there is no problem with their programming. I think that means that they don't wish to support their product. The Cerasimulations Bell 222 is designed to work with FSX SP2 according to their website and it does very well apart from this one problem.

I'd be very pleased if you can point me in the right direction.

Regards.

David Phillips

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Hi David

Although I don’t have this one, I only have the 412, I did manage to find someone I know that does and they kindly sent me the gauge files to look at, now I have modified them so that they should now work in FSX without Acceleration installed but as I don’t actually know anyone that has just a SP2 set-up, including the buddy who sent the gauge files, I can’t really test them out properly, they work in FSX plus Acceleration but that doesn’t help me to check for them with just FSX plus SP2 installed, so if you would like to be my test pilot, unpaid of course, but if you want to try the gauges out then I have sent you a PM with the download link for the updated files.

As for the actual Bell 222B itself to be fair to Cera it does say in the advertising blurb that they require FSX plus acceleration to function correctly, which is much the same as Nemeth do, mainly for the advanced animations, but if the exit control is the only problem you have then with any luck the updated files should clear that one up.

Well let’s hope so anyway.

Jim Hodkinson

Hi Jim,

I have sent you a PM regarding the Cera sim Bell 222, which you have probably read by now, but just chasing up unread comments this morning. I didn't realise the link was from a friend of yours, so please pass on my thanks to your friend too. Oh and thanks for taking the time to modify the file to work in fsx sp2 which it does faultlessly. Cerasim's website does say the Bell222 will work with fsx sp2 because that was one of the things I checked before purchasing the helicopter from them, as I had heard helicopters didn't work in fsx very well without Acceleration but wanted to try a detailed one!

Well I was happy to be your guinea pig on this one Jim, Looking at the huge list of requests for the C208 door fix, your a popular guy, I'm just wondering if your now going to be flooded with Cerasim Bell222 door fix requests, lol. You might be pleased to hear I don't have any other aircraft requiring a door fix but once again thanks for taking the time to fix this one too.

Thanks.

Dave Phillips.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Hi David

That’s really good news about the gauge tweak working with just SP2, by the way that was not a dig at yourself about the requirements and I only checked the requirements off the SimMarket blurb for the 222, so please accept my apologies if it came out that way, that is one of the problems with pure text conversations you cannot get any inflection across in it.

But that’s all old news now I hope, the important bit is that you are up and running with your 222B, and one of these days I will get a copy myself, I keep meaning to then something else comes up and I am back where I started with promising to get a copy.

And I will be sure to pass along your thanks to the generous buddy who volunteered to help out with this one, actually he is getting used to my calls for assistance at odd hours of the day and is always willing to help out as we have just seen.

So thanks for the generous comments and the feedback, both are really appreciated.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Hi Jim,

Your ok, I didn't take your comments the wrong way, It's like alot of things when your fault finding. Folks never think to read up and check the details before plunging in and buying something which looks wonderful...............Then they wonder why it doesn't work properly. I waited nearly 6 months after the PMDG 737ngx came out before buying a copy, to see what problems people reported with theirs first............Always pays to do your homework I find.

Anyway, once again thanks for your help with my problem and thanks for sorting out a solution so quickly...................I'm still waiting for the many requests for a door fix for the Bell222 now it's out in the open lol.

thanks again,

Happy flying.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Hi David

Thanks for understanding the situation, as I say it is difficult at times to get over the inflection of any comments made in a pure text conversation, but that is all air through the engine now so thanks again.

As for the gauge itself, please feel free to send it to anyone you choose to as far as I am concerned it is yours to do with as you please,

And thank you again for the generous comments and for the feedback, both are really appreciated.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Hi Jim,

Thanks for that, I will if anybody askes.................are you getting worried there may be a rush, or am I the only one who has this problem,..................sorry, had this problem!!!!!

Regards,

Dave.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Hi David

You are more than welcome, I am just glad to hear that everything went well with both the installation and that it actually functions as it should under an SP2 version of FSX.

As for others who may want a copy, well I have absolutely no problem at all leaving it on the server and giving anyone who wants it a link to it, so if you have anyone who wants a copy I will leave that link active as long as I can so that you can just give them it to get the files.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Greetings Jim!

I'm new to this site, in fact the only reason I joined was because of you, you see I just bought this beautiful aircraft yesterday and I must say I am loving every minute of it, however I am having the same problem as the others, my doors just won't open, I was wondering, if it's not too much trouble that is, if I could also have the link to your fix?

anything would help, thank you very much for your time.

Ross.

Hi Ross

Welcome to the Avsim forums, and thank you for the generous comments I am not sure if they are deserved but they are appreciated, as for the gauge itself you most certainly can have a copy, I have sent you a PM with the download link for the files and installation instructions but you probably know that by now, and although you should not have any problems with it, if by some chance you should have then please let me know and I will try my best to help if I can.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Jim,

Worked like a charm, now this aircraft truly is beautiful. Many thanks to you for this fix and taking the time to treat new guys as if they were old friends, if the other members of AVSIM are as nice and helpful as you then you have a wonderful home here.

Thanks again for the fix and the welcome.

Ross.

Hi Ross

That’s great news that you are up and running with the gauge, and thanks again for the more than generous comments, as for the rest of the Avsim community I think you will find them a knowledgeable and friendly bunch.

And thank you for taking the time out to provide the feedback, it really is appreciated.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Maybe I missed it in these 6 pages, instead of everyone asking all the time, why doesn't Jim simply post his door opening fix in the AVSIM library?

• Upvote 1