Sign in to follow this  
apollomaker

Door Manager

Hi

Nope you didn’t miss anything, I just prefer to use the server I use for my repaints that’s all.

Jim Hodkinson

• Upvote 1

Hi Jim,

You probably guessed I too have fallen for the trap of buying another half-developed premium add-on for FSX. I am a keen aviator working towards my PPL and enjoy a realistic simulation. However it seems that you must spend hundreds of pounds to make FSX similar to the real thing.

Anyway I have tried to find a fix myself but to no avail; please could you send me a link to the working doors manager you created for the C208B?

Much appreciated.

Hi

Of course I can, I have sent you a PM with the download link for the files and installation instructions but you probably know that by now, and although you should not have any problems with it, if by some chance you should have then please let me know and I will try my best to help if I can.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

P.S.

Apologies for the delay but I don’t seem to be getting any notifications of any new post for some reason.

Thank you very much, I'll try it out later and let you know how it goes. You've been answering this issue for years right? Thanks for still having the time to help.

Chris.

Just another note if you wouldn't mind... I'm currently flying the Super Cargomaster and cruising at FL150, just wondering if you could say just how far back the mixture lever should be? Throttle is full open and prop is about half way.

Hi

It does seem as though it has been years at times, but it is worth it, and thank you for the generous comments.

As for the quadrant settings at FL150 well I had to do a quick hop to test it as I don’t usually get that high in her, but I found that with the throttle fully open the prop RPM lever just about level with the C of Condition Lever and the actual condition lever in the low idle gate or just above it I get an IAS of 160 with a GS of 166 and the gauges showing 17Ft Lb, RPM 17, ITT 65, N1 108 and a fuel flow of 3.5, and to be honest the condition lever does not seem to make all that much difference to any of the readouts or the IAS, unless you put it in the Cut-Off  position of course.

After all that I do have to say that I usually go of the IAS and the engine note when flying GA aircraft like this, even though the engine note is not as reliable as it would be in the real world.

I hope some of the above helps, but please remember that I am only an armchair pilot.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

The door manager works perfectly, thank you. I'm amazed that a software developer refuses to make their product do as it is described prior to purchase, that's illegal!

On another note though, I'm flying at altitudes best for wind direction; I'm currently running up and down the UK delivering all manner of things with Air Hauler. It's great fun.

In reality I am a student pilot in a Piper Cherokee PA28 and absolutely love the bird! Engine is blantently obvious in the real prop, never been in a C208 mind.

Thanks again, you are a true gent!

Hi

It's great to hear that you are up and running with the exits gauge and without to many problems I hope, as for the flight you were making the weather is a bit on the breezy side in the UK at present, although where I am we seem to have missed the worst of it, as for AirHauler I really must get back in to that one as it was really good fun having somewhere new to go and something to achieve whilst flying around.

Thank you once again for the more than generous comments and for the feedback, both really are appreciated.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Just thought I'd share this...

http://textron.vo.llnwd.net/o25/CES/cessna_aircraft_docs/caravan/grandcaravan/grandcaravan_pim.pdf

It's the complete, hugely comprehensive operating manual for the C208B. It answers a previous question - the condition lever is left at high idle during flight and only moved for ground operations. Carenado seems to have done a good job on the physics.

Hi

Thanks for the link, that will make some interesting reading, plus now I know why the condition lever did not seem to be doing much at FL150, well I did say that I was only an armchair pilot.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

I believe that I am the next person on the wish list for the door patch, please.

Hi

Not a problem, I have sent you a PM with the download link for the files and installation instructions but you probably know that by now, and although you should not have any problems with it, if by some chance you should have then please let me know and I will try my best to help if I can.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

P.S.

Apologies but I seem to have given you the name of Rodger in the PM for some unknown reason.

Good evening Jim,

I know this is an old topic but I woudld really appreciate if you can send me your patch for the doors problem with Cessna Grand Caravan.

So far, the only doors I can open is the pilot's door...

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Daniel Vidal

Hi Daniel

I know the feeling which is why I made the gauge in the first place, that and I could never get my timing right for the Shift + Number combinations.

As for the gauge of course you can have a copy, I have sent you a PM with the download details for the gauge and installation instructions, and although you should not have any problems installing or using the gauge if by some chance you should then just let me know and I will try my best to help out.

Take care and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Jim,

Works fantastic. Finally it is as it should have been from the very beggining.

Thanks for your contribution to flightsim community.

Daniel

Daniel Vidal

Hi Daniel

Thank you for the more than generous words and for the feedback, both are really appreciated.

Take care and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson