Sign in to follow this  
apollomaker

Door Manager

I think I was skipped over haha, can I get that door patch please?  :rolleyes:

Hi

My apologies for forgetting your request, when you get to a certain age forgetting things becomes more and more the norm, but enough of that, I have sent you a PM with the download link for the files and installation instructions but you probably know that by now, and although you should not have any problems with it, if by some chance you should have then please let me know and I will try my best to help if I can.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Is anyone there who can help me to find out a solution for the problem of cessna 208 carenado? The doors don't open  :(

Hi

Sorry for the delay in responding I was out of town most of yesterday, but enough of that, just in case the exits gauge may be of some help with your issue I have sent you a PM with the download link for the files and installation instructions but you probably know that by now, and although you should not have any problems with it, if by some chance you should have then please let me know and I will try my best to help if I can.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Please may I seek assistance also.  I have FSX +SP2 and cannot make the cargo doors open.  Any help would be gratefully received

Hi

My apologies for the delay in replying, it seems my topic notifications has been turned off somehow, but enough of that and back to business, I have just sent you a PM with the download link, and as always if you should have any issues or problems with the gauge then just let me know and I will try my best to help if I can.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Hi ChaoticBeauty,

There is indeed a patch which Jim Hodkinson, has graciously shared with us all. You won't find it in the library here as he prefers to send you a PM with a download link. It works very well and corrects any doors that won't work in the Carenado C208. 

I'm sure Jim will send you the link as soon as he notices your post here.

Hope this helps some.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

I'll jump onboard this boat.  Would you mind pm'ing the link?

Thanks

Kevin

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

Hi ChaoticBeauty,

There is indeed a patch which Jim Hodkinson, has graciously shared with us all. You won't find it in the library here as he prefers to send you a PM with a download link. It works very well and corrects any doors that won't work in the Carenado C208. 

I'm sure Jim will send you the link as soon as he notices your post here.

Hope this helps some.

Thanks for the info! I'll wait for the PM.

I wonder if Carenado are aware of this. They should add it as an official patch.

Hi Jim,

I seem to be the latest one to have bought the C208 with doors that don't work!  I've read this thread and it seems to have been an issue for about 3 years.  You would have thought that Carenado might have made a patch for this by now!  Anyway, I wonder whether you'd be kind enough to share your solution with me?

Many thanks

Mike

Hi ChaoticBeauty, Kevin and Mike

My apologies for the delay in replying, wouldn’t you know it I get the notifications of replies sorted out and then don’t fire up system, but enough of that I have sent you all a PM with the download link for the files and installation instructions but you probably know that by now, and although you should not have any problems with it, if by some chance you should have then please let me know and I will try my best to help if I can.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Wow! That was quick...I only posted my message less than half an hour ago. I'll give this a go tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

Many thanks for this Jim and for your very prompt reply.

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike

You are more than welcome, as for the response time, well sometimes I get lucky with my timing, but not often.

Don’t forget that although you should not have any problems with the gauge, on the off chance that you do then please let me know and between us I am sure we can get you up and running with it.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Hi.

Thanks for your reply ChaoticBeauty,

Thanks for the info! I'll wait for the PM.

I wonder if Carenado are aware of this. They should add it as an official patch.

When I had the problem with the doors on the C208 a long while back now, I did contact Carenado to ask if they knew of this problem, but my reply was something along the lines of, it's not their program at fault but my system that has an issue. I think if you look at the numbers of people asking for Jim's door fix I don't think I'm the only one who has a dodgy system. Anyway I'm not here to bash developers, it doesn't help our hobby any!

I noticed looking at the thread that Jim has replied with a PM, so by the time you read this reply hopefully your up and running again.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.