Sign in to follow this  
apollomaker

Door Manager

Hi Dave

Download link sent so with any luck all should be well, but if not I can always be contacted, well when I actually turn my system on I can.

As for the rest, well I would rather stay neutral on that particular can of worms.

Thanks for the assist, I appreciate it.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Don’t forget that although you should not have any problems with the gauge, on the off chance that you do then please let me know and between us I am sure we can get you up and running with it.

Jim, do you by any chance have a registered copy of FSUIPC? If you do, try setting it up to display the event log on screen, and check to see if there are any rapidly repeating events...

The reason I am wondering is that the most common cause for selectable items such as doors 2, 3, or 4 not working is because a repeating event is preventing FS from ever seeing the select number. IOW, Shift-E to initiate the "door open command" followed by a number for the door wanted. This will happen whether the command sequence is sent by gauge or keyboard.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Bill

I do have a registered copy of FSUIPC installed and tried the logging function to see if any chost commands were being sent, but all the logging window was showing was the single “Toggle_Aircraft_Exit” and the param number for the exit concerned.

I don’t know if it will be of any use, and it is no trade secret but below are the original dorrs.xml entries and my own modified versions, I have only used the Exit 1 entries as all the rest are just variations of the same code as I am sure you will know.

Original bitmap toggle entries

<Element>

<Visible>(A:EXIT OPEN:0,Percent) 5 ></Visible>

<Position X="209" Y="137"/>

<Image Name="door1a.bmp" />

</Element>

<Element>

<Visible>(A:EXIT OPEN:0,Percent) 5 ></Visible>

<Position X="147" Y="224"/>

<Image Name="door1b.bmp" />

</Element>

Original mouse click area entries

<Area Left="211" Top="139" Width="94" Height="21">

<Cursor Type="Hand" />

<Click>

1 (>K:TOGGLE_AIRCRAFT_EXIT)

</Click>       

</Area>

Modified bitmap toggle entries

<Element>

<Select>

<Value>(A:EXIT OPEN:0, bool) </Value>

<Case Value="0">

<Image Name="door1a.bmp"/>

</Case>

<Case Value="1">

<Image Name="door1_null.bmp"/>

</Case>

</Select>

</Element>

Modified mouse click area entries

<Area Left="211" Top="139" Width="94" Height="21">

<Cursor Type="Hand"/>

<Click>(>K:TOGGLE_AIRCRAFT_EXIT, bool)     (>K:SELECT_1, bool) </Click>

</Area>

As you can see I just replaced the entries with what are possibly older code snippets, which “may” explain why FSX Acceleration is required for correct door gauge use, although I cannot see why it should make that much difference.

Thanks for taking a look at this one.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

P.S.

Sorry about the line spacing but copy and paste from the original xml files has made a bit of a mess of the layout.

Hi Jim,

No problems, although I didn't want to give out your link without your knowledge so suggested the folks waited until you replied to them yourself. Hope that was ok with you.

Regards,

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Hi Dave

It is not a problem giving out the link mainly because as far as I am concerned the gauge and link are yours to do with as you wish, but I do appreciate the reasoning and the reluctance to give it out, both really are appreciated, as is the feedback.

In fact the only reason I did not post the link in the forum myself at the start was that I was unsure of the protocol of linking to a modified gauge, in fact that one I can rectify now, and if it does indeed contravene any forum rules or regs then the moderators can delete the link and accept my apologies for transgressing the rules, so here you go…

http://www.mediafire.com/?6vjs9hdsdsca2w5

Thanks again for the honestly and concern regarding the download link, and also the feedback.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Hi Jim

Just to let you know I followed the instructions and all works fine now :Applause: .  Many thanks for the solution to this.  I still find it hard to believe that Carenado haven't done something to fix this though.  It's OK selling a cargo expansion pack but not if you can't get your cargo out  :rolleyes: .

Anyway, thanks again

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike

My pleasure, I was happy to help, and even happier that you managed to follow my installation instructions as I know how I can ramble on at times, as for the rest well I will plead the fifth, but you are up and running with the C208 and that’s the main thing in the end.

Thanks for taking the time out to provide the feedback, and the more than generous comments, I appreciate both.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Sorry about the line spacing but copy and paste from the original xml files has made a bit of a mess of the layout.

No problem, Jim. Just for information's sake, when posting "code" or "XML" script, if you click on the light blue <> icon in the editor's toolbar, it will allow you to paste your example in a protected "code box" that will keep the formatting intact from the forum software's BBCode and HTML conversions...  :P

Since I don't own the product myself I was simply making a "best guess" at what the actual problem might be. Do the doors work correctly with the default keyboard commands?

Fr. Bill    

If you mean Shift+E+x, yes, it works.

Okay, thanks for that information. Now it is entirely clear that whoever coded the original "door manager" function muffed the code...  

Fr. Bill    

Okay, thanks for that information. Now it is entirely clear that whoever coded the original "door manager" function muffed the code...  

The door manager works fine when Acceleration is installed. I guess it's using an element that's only present in Acceleration.

I wonder if it works correctly in Prepar3D 2.0.

That is truly odd then since the token variables and key_events haven't changed a bit since FS2002...  :wacko:

Fr. Bill    

Hi Bill

The requirement for FSX Acceleration was one of the reasons I thought it might have been that the programming of the exits function / code call might have changed with Acceleration and was not being recognised by the vanilla FSX installations, but as you say it is still an odd one, and even the changing of a perfectly usable code call for the exits function does not make much sense, but then I just tinker with these things.

Jim Hodkinson

P.S.

Thanks for the heads up on the code function for forum posts, I did look for it but did not find anything, boy I hate getting old.

Thanks for the heads up on the code function for forum posts, I did look for it but did not find anything, boy I hate getting old.

You and me both, brother! For most of my life I've made it a practice to "learn at least one new thing everyday." While this has served me well, I've noticed over the past few years that I tend to "forget at least three things I used to know" everyday...  :Cry:

Fr. Bill