Sign in to follow this  
apollomaker

Door Manager

Hi Jim,

Read this post, well I am going to look up my purchase.....December 12th 2013. I have no idea how to PM you. Where is the info??? I assume that must mean post marked or something with my e-mail but where are you??  I am the only one in this entire post who seems to have NO idea how this works as it looks like I am from the dark ages.. I tried to figure it out on my own for weeks using every thing from fsx and fs2004 over the last 20years but no success. The reason was only because there was about 1 page when I first read this and it must be obvious how to find you??? That was well over a year ago.

I read yesterday that I think it was Avsim getting hacked and to guard e-mails because some moron was spamming everything. I think I know what that means??? maybe. I will look here again soon and just leave my first name.  Thanks so much.  KEITH.  my age is showing. OH WELL.

Hi Jim, again. I missed page 13 somehow. Downloaded your UPDATE and was VERY easy to install and fix.  Keith

Hi Keith

You are not in your own as I also suffer from encroaching old age, still it’s not as bab as the alternative.

As for the Door Gauge, I have sent you a PM with all the information you need, and if you should have any problems at all (which you shouldn’t have) but if you do then just let me know and I will try my best to help if I can.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Whoops I was typing as you replied, but all is well that ends well.

Edited by hodge001

That is truly odd then since the token variables and key_events haven't changed a bit since FS2002...  :wacko:

So sorry if this has been posted already (didn't feel like reading all 14 pages) but does that mean this mod will work for FS9 as well?

Hi Jim and others.

If you remember a while back, somewhere in this thread, I too had an issue with the door manager on both the Carenado C208 and Cera sim Bell 222  in fsx using sp2. Your door manager fixes both worked flawlessly.

However the other day I had cause to install a new hard drive on my PC and at the same time I bought a new copy of fsx+ Acceleration instead of using sp2. I had also Emailed a guy called Mike at Flight Replica's asking why their new DH 114 Heron is specified as fsx+acceleration when it is basically a simple aircraft with no fancy features. I asked what wouldn't work if I used it in fsx with sp2 instead. His reply was interesting in that he said there are still some coding differences between sp2 and acceleration and if an aircraft was developed in fsx+acceleration there there could be issues, only minor ones, if that aircraft was then used in sp2 and visa versa.

Interesting I thought.

Now just this morning I re-installed my Cera-sim Bell 222 and low and behold I now have a working door manager without your fix. I still have to re-install the C208 as yet but I have a feeling the door manager on that will also work without the fix too.

Just wondering whilst helping all our fellow sim pilots out if anyone has looked at whether these door manager issues are occurring with folks who use fsx+sp2 only.

Has anybody got anything to add, I would be interested, and I will report back when the C208 is installed.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Hi all,

Well my Carenado C208 door manager now works as installed. So it would appear that Jim's door manager fixes the door manager for people using fsx deluxe with sp2 instead of Acceleration. So there must be some coding differences in fsx between sp2 and acceleration, minor ones but they are there all the same.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Hi Jim,

I wonder whether you still have your fixed door manager available, and whether you would mind providing it to me, too. It is so sad that Carenado won't fix that problem! :(

Sarah

On 11/16/2012 at 3:02 PM, hodge001 said:

Hi Alexander

You most certainly can, I have sent you a PM and sent a copy via your E-Mail address, with the download link for the files and installation instructions but you probably know that by now, and although you should not have any problems with it, if by some chance you should have then please let me know and I will try my best to help if I can.

By the way and just a heads up, but it is not really a good idea to post your E-Mail address on an open forum as you may end up with a lot more spam mail than you would care for.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Good day everyone, i know i am a few years late it seems on this one but i just purchased the Cera 222 and, unfortunately have run into the same issue. Hoping someone here would still have the gauge fix. Thanks so much 

Hi Jim, 

totally new here and I was wondering if that patch for the Cera 222b was still available?. Reading over the previous comments, its reassuring i must say to know its not my system as suggested by the developer. Also forgive the repeat post if any ; still trying to figure this all out. Thanks for your time 😉

Hi

My apologies for the tardy response I don’t visit as often as I used to but I do have a copy of the 222b exits gauge and I have uploaded a copy to the MediFire folder I used to use for my repaints when I did them, so here is the link to the gauge file…

https://www.mediafire.com/file/q05vbup3c6aaurw/Cera_222B_Exits_Gauge.zip/file

I hope it helps and although you should not have any issues let me know if you should get any.

Take care and stay safe.

Jim Hodkinson