Sign in to follow this  
sknepper

PORJECT Fokker Jetline's F28

Hello to all of you Fokker entousiasts who wish to have a Fokker F28 working on FSX. There is allot of movement trying to get the only freeware F28 100% ready for FSX, And yes, I have been busy getting the gauges to work in FSX using Visual Studio 2008 C++. And the ACE toolkit.The FDE is still the best as Martin Purps put allot of time and effort into every detail so there's not much to update on that, and Rob Barendregt has done his outmost to convert his now famous ground handlig gauges into an XML format that FSX will understand. Rob has also worked on his autolanding system, which is still, in my opinion, one of the best in flightsim.The 4th jubilee date after releasing the PFJ F28 is what we are aiming for to have an FSX compatible F28 ready, and that will be February 2011.So keep the entousiasm going for the Dutch aircraft. There is a big difference between FS2004 and FSX and the technology is getting more advanced in this day and age so the time we have to spend updating also gets bigger. Please be patient and the results will show for themselves.

Meet the Fokkers

Granted, this won't be for XMAS but I'll be waiting....:smile:Anyways, any signs of the implementation of a virtual cockpit? Dave.

A virtual cockpit is in the planning as that is what makes FSX complete. Only thing is that a VC will probably come later. Just to get the 2D panel FSX ready is already allot of work. But the next step will be the VC ;).

Meet the Fokkers

Fingers are crossed tightly....^_^Dave.
That's why we keep on developing, for enthousiastic people like you Dave. Thanks for the support. :)Makes it worthwhile putting your spare time into things that make people happy ;).See the film I made of it (in FSX even though I say FS2004 ;) )

Meet the Fokkers

That's why we keep on developing, for enthousiastic people like you Dave. Thanks for the support. :)Makes it worthwhile putting your spare time into things that make people happy ;).See the film I made of it (in FSX even though I say FS2004 ;) )
Absolutely. I've been a fan of Project Fokker aircraft since 2009, since that's the best and only Fokker model I've been able to retrieve, yet sadly before the announcement came out, I had to use other panels, which are less functional than any of your beautiful panels. The F70/100 somehow put my Flight1 payware version into the reserves fleet - BTW, any updates for these?Dave.

Hi Dave, as far as the Flight1 F70/100 (Digital Aviation) goes , they have stopped deveopment. The panel was perfectly made for the "real pilots"amongst us, as everything was functional as in the real thing.To make a panel more user friendly for the more get-up-and-go types is what Project Fokker aims to do. Not too complicated and with all the information and functions you need to fly from "A" to "B", with a nice autolanding gauge to make that last bit of the flight a bit easier :).The testing (and development) is going well up til now, so fingers crossed that we have a new package ready in time ;).

Meet the Fokkers

Hi Dave, as far as the Flight1 F70/100 (Digital Aviation) goes , they have stopped deveopment. The panel was perfectly made for the "real pilots"amongst us, as everything was functional as in the real thing.To make a panel more user friendly for the more get-up-and-go types is what Project Fokker aims to do. Not too complicated and with all the information and functions you need to fly from "A" to "B", with a nice autolanding gauge to make that last bit of the flight a bit easier :).The testing (and development) is going well up til now, so fingers crossed that we have a new package ready in time ;).
Digital Aviation is long gone since. Of course, a groundhandling and autoland gauge would be nice :).But I wouldn't think a simplified FMC (using either flight plans created from Flight Simulator's Flight Planner or self created ones that only displays route information) will be there, right? Dave.

Any news? I can't wait to use a real F28 panel instead of the default CRJ panel

Fly Navy

I´ve heard from one of the guys that they´re on the way but I´ll take it´s time till it´s ready.

I´ve heard from one of the guys that they´re on the way but I´ll take it´s time till it´s ready.
Thanks!

Fly Navy

Just wondering but, how do you deploy the lift dumpers on the F28 in FSX? I am only able to open the "back spoilers"...

Fly Navy

Really disappointed with this. I give up hoping that this will be ever be finished. If it won't be done just say so.

Fly Navy