Sign in to follow this  
Johnny767

All About External FPS LImiter

Gents,One thing I've seen alot is to have an external FPS limiter... I only use the FSX to 30fps locked....So, please how (or where do I get this FPS limiter....Is it an auto-installer application and done...or does i takes to disect the frog's belly....Please advisedThanks,John

Hi John,I wrote im my guide:

Limitation of the frame rate fps.

It doesn't make sense if the PC calculates and draws the screen content with a rate of 50 fps and more. That is simply a waste of valuable computing power. Hence it's better to limit the frame rate enabling the simulation to run smoother and with better image quality. We don't use the internal FPS limitation, because this function is a bit inefficient and consumes about 5 fps. We rather set the internal limiter to "infinite" and use an external FPS limiter from Marko Ludolph. You can download the file FPS_Limiter_0.2.rar and unpack it. Java should be installed on your computer to use this excellent limiter. You can move the directory FPS_Limiter_0.2 into the FSX-directory (e. g. C:\FSX). Then you start the user interface FPS_Limiter_GUI.jar. You accept the preset maximum fps of 30, select "Search Executable" and point to the FSX.exe file. Pushing "create bat" will create the batch file you need to start the FPS_Limiter_0.2 and the simulator FSX. You can increase and decrease the preset fps-limit on the fly using F12 and F11. You will find the file FPS_Limiter_0.2.rar with google. It is a small utility which needs no installation.

Best regards from RelaxX

It doesn't make sense if the PC calculates and draws the screen content with a rate of 50 fps and more. That is simply a waste of valuable computing power. Hence it's better to limit the frame rate enabling the simulation to run smoother and with better image quality. We don't use the internal FPS limitation, because this function is a bit inefficient and consumes about 5 fps. We rather set the internal limiter to "infinite" and use an external FPS limiter from Marko Ludolph. You can download the file FPS_Limiter_0.2.rar and unpack it. Java should be installed on your computer to use this excellent limiter. You can move the directory FPS_Limiter_0.2 into the FSX-directory (e. g. C:\FSX). Then you start the user interface FPS_Limiter_GUI.jar. You accept the preset maximum fps of 30, select "Search Executable" and point to the FSX.exe file. Pushing "create bat" will create the batch file you need to start the FPS_Limiter_0.2 and the simulator FSX. You can increase and decrease the preset fps-limit on the fly using F12 and F11. You will find the file FPS_Limiter_0.2.rar with google. It is a small utility which needs no installation.

Tahnk you, brother, I installed it last night and works great !

Thank you for the clear explanation. Is there a way to turn off the frame numbers on the screen's upper left?Regards,David Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Shift + Z
hm, can I close the DOS window or does it have to stay opened, showing the 2 lines using renderer xyz and starting ..fsx.exe?phil

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Sorry, I misunderstood your question. Shift + Z is the switch of the FPS counter of the FSX.To turn off the frame numbers on the screen's upper left you should edit the file fsx.exe.limited.bat: Set the parameter /x:ON to /x:OFF. The DOS window has to stay open or minimized. You should only close it after you exited the FSX.

Best regards from RelaxX

The DOS window has to stay open or minimized. You should only close it after you exited the FSX.
thx

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I successfully run it with Windows 7 64 bit.

Best regards from RelaxX

Sure wish some one would make a u-tube video on it cause i can't get it to work no how.

Did you install the Bojotes tuning tool for FSX??http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

It doesn't make sense if the PC calculates and draws the screen content with a rate of 50 fps and more. That is simply a waste of valuable computing power. Hence it's better to limit the frame rate enabling the simulation to run smoother and with better image quality. We don't use the internal FPS limitation, because this function is a bit inefficient and consumes about 5 fps. We rather set the internal limiter to "infinite" and use an external FPS limiter from Marko Ludolph. You can download the file FPS_Limiter_0.2.rar and unpack it. Java should be installed on your computer to use this excellent limiter.You can move the directory FPS_Limiter_0.2 into the FSX-directory (e. g. C:FSX). Then you start the user interface FPS_Limiter_GUI.jar. You accept the preset maximum fps of 30, select "Search Executable" and point to the FSX.exe file. Pushing "create bat" will create the batch file you need to start the FPS_Limiter_0.2 and the simulator FSX.You can increase and decrease the preset fps-limit on the fly using F12 and F11.You will find the file FPS_Limiter_0.2.rar with google. It is a small utility which needs no installation.

Do u extract the entire contents of the rar into main fsx folder, or do u extract fps limiter to its own folder and add it to fsx main folder, because Ive tried both ways and get an error and wont open. Once you create the fsx.exe.limited file where do u put it, and thats what u click on to start fsx? Because I get a command prompt to open and it sais starting... and then gives error?

Sorry, I don’t remember anymore. I have removed the external limiter from my system and from my guide. I am now using the internal FPS limiter with great success.

Best regards from RelaxX