Sign in to follow this  
Sweetwater

2D Panel anyone?

Fellow Carenado C208 Captains,Just curious if there are any other home cockpit builders out there who may have successfully adapted a 2D panel to the new 208B... I use a projection system for outside views and a couple of monitors for the PIC and FO panels. I have used the FSX Caravan stock 2D version and the new Friendly Panels Aspen version and everything works fine except the Throttle... It just jerks and returns to idle, no raise in TQ or RPM. All other Carenado, freeware and payware planes work fineThis was also acting up with the VC at first so I did a fresh uninstall/install and now the VC version works but any aliased or inserted 2D panel, no joy... same jerking throttle. I tried in vain to find the ECU or throttle gauge so I could insert it into the other 2D panels to see if it is gauge related. To no avail.... found everything but that gauge...Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.. I did manage a couple of VC flights and this is most likely the best AC I have bar none.Thank you for any help or tips!!Jeff Stewart KGEGSystem isFSX Gold AcellerationWin 7 Home3gig Pentium dual core4 gig matched ramPanasonic Projector Dual head 2goATI 512 DDR3Dual Saitek yokes and Throttle QuadDual CH RuddersSeveral GoFlight modules

Jeff,Are you using FSUIPC? The panel and view commands within it are pretty handy. I have a plain cockpit view, a main panel view and a dedicated monitor for GNS.Using a hardware throttle, I really don't need to see it on a monitor.Hub

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

Hub,That may be the ticket... Carenado has given some suggestions so coupled with yours re: FSUIPC I have a couple of routes to take... Thank you for replying! I will post as this develops...Jeff

Problem fixed!I basically made a new PIC/FO bitmap and then installed almost all of the Carenado gauges... Not sure which one it was and am OK not knowing as it is working beautifully! Love the FDE's and the sounds and the HD textures and.... well, just an awesome plane in my humble estimation!Thank you to Dave and Hub for thoughts on this!Jeff