Sign in to follow this  
TurboDriver

DC-3 Navigation Lights

I have R4D/DC-3 installed in FS9. My PC is 2.4 Gig dual core running Windows XP. Video card is GeForce 7800 GTX. I have no wing/tail nav lights or rotaing beacons. Cabin and landing lights work fine. Battery, generators, invertors and light switches are all ON. Harware rendered -lights set full right. I have tried resetting switches by going to Reading startup flight with no joy. If the solution is somewhere in the manual or on forum already and I have missed it I apologize.

I have R4D/DC-3 installed in FS9. My PC is 2.4 Gig dual core running Windows XP. Video card is GeForce 7800 GTX. I have no wing/tail nav lights or rotaing beacons. Cabin and landing lights work fine. Battery, generators, invertors and light switches are all ON. Harware rendered -lights set full right. I have tried resetting switches by going to Reading startup flight with no joy. If the solution is somewhere in the manual or on forum already and I have missed it I apologize.
Have you had your mechanic check the bulbs? :( Sorry, it must be the pain meds. We've never had a report of non-functioning lights. I assume you are using the light switches on the OEP, not key commands? Is this the case for all the planes in the packgage - C-47s, etc.?Try setting up with default plane with all lights burning and then trade planes to the R4D and see what results you have. I don't have FS9 on my system anymore, but all lights are working properly here in FSX.Perhaps someone else has an idea.

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Thanks Bill. But in doing the testing to respond to your questions I have discovered that the problem is not just limited to MAAM add-ons. ALL of my add-ons have the same issue. It must be an FS9 problem. I only get a very faint red and green glow near where the lights should be. With some I even get a beacon flash reflrcting off of the fuselage but the beacon light itself is not lit. No strobes at all. Taxi, landing and cockpit lights function as normal. I'll have to investigate further. Any ideas will be appreciated, as I hate to think about an FS9 reinstall if I have somehow inadvertently overwritten a file or .cfg line.

Have you had your mechanic check the bulbs? :( Sorry, it must be the pain meds. We've never had a report of non-functioning lights. I assume you are using the light switches on the OEP, not key commands? Is this the case for all the planes in the packgage - C-47s, etc.?Try setting up with default plane with all lights burning and then trade planes to the R4D and see what results you have. I don't have FS9 on my system anymore, but all lights are working properly here in FSX.Perhaps someone else has an idea.

Thanks Bill. But in doing the testing to respond to your questions I have discovered that the problem is not just limited to MAAM add-ons. ALL of my add-ons have the same issue. It must be an FS9 problem. I only get a very faint red and green glow near where the lights should be. With some I even get a beacon flash reflrcting off of the fuselage but the beacon light itself is not lit. No strobes at all. Taxi, landing and cockpit lights function as normal. I'll have to investigate further. Any ideas will be appreciated, as I hate to think about an FS9 reinstall if I have somehow inadvertently overwritten a file or .cfg line.
Odd indeed! Well, now that we know it's not a MAAM-SIM issue, I would recommend you take this to one of the general FS forums where you will reach a larger audience and are more likely to find someone who will recognize the problem and give you a cure. Please do come back and post what you learn. Cheers,

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

I still don't know what the illness was, but the cure is an FS9 re-install. Have done so and all is well now. Thanks for the proffered help.

I still don't know what the illness was, but the cure is an FS9 re-install. Have done so and all is well now. Thanks for the proffered help.
Glad you gt it fixed, even if we don't understand the cause. For future reference, and excuse me if you already know this, but before resorting to a complete re-install of the sim, first try letting the fs9.cfg (or fsx,cfg) rebuild. This main config file gets corrupted sometimes, for various and mysterious reasons. It's not located in the main FS directory and since the tree varies with everyone's system name and FS installation, the easiest way to find it is to just do a search for fs9.cfg.The procedure to use is to back it up by renaming it. The next time you start FS it won't find the config file, since its name has been changed, and it will be rebuilt from scratch. You will have to redo some preferences, as everything reverts to default settings, but you would have to do that anyway with a complete re-install. You can always delete the new file and rename your back-up to its original filename if this does not solve your particular issue. This little trick has saved me a lot of hair-pulling over the years.Merry Christmas

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org