Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flyboy78

Dual Core, Win 7 and FS9

Guest Flyboy78

Howdy. To my understanding, I can tell the computer to run FS9 on one of my two cores and run other programs off the other core. I have a Athlon II X2 240, Windows 7 and FS9. How do I do this?

If you Google "fs9 +dual cores" you'll get many hits - this is a subject that's been discussed for years, and is a question I've been trying to answer. My summary of the many postings I've read is "The jury's out", in other words, some find an improvement, others don't. Also Google "set affinity"HTH

Guest Flyboy78

Thanks Paolo! I'll look into it

I've been playing with core designation in FS9 and FSX. FS9 I've noticed a processor resource improvement when isolating a core to FS9 but it's not 100% consistent. In FSX, isolating the program to a single core improves processor performance but it effects scenery in areas where 3rd party textures have been installed such as Orbx, when I allow FSX to run on all 4 cores, the visuals are excellent but the over-all processor performance is poor (High CPU Usage %) Flyboy, you might want to look into NickN's tweaking tips for Win7, you'll need to read through it carefully though to make sure FS9 is applicable.http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic34141_post198187.html#198187RobF

Try a program called "Set Affinity". Does the same thing as Multicore and its free. I had Multicore and deleted it because the program got errors when I started it and could fix it.