Sign in to follow this  
Guest TonyPiech

Eaglesoft Citation 2.0X Slowly Dies

Guest TonyPiech

Most of the time I do not have any problems with CTDs in all of my addon planes except the Eaglesoft Citation 2.0X which dies a slow death (not an immediate CTD) after running it in a flight after 1-1.5 hrs. I have an Alienware 64 bit Rig running Windows 7. The other specs are:3.20 gigahertz Intel Core i7 96032 kilobyte primary memory cache1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache8192 kilobyte tertiary memory cache12Ghz of RAMThe Citation is probably the most complex of my addons, it's got a lot going-on, after about an hour inflight, one of the MFDs becomes inoperable. I've checked on the Windows Task Manager and noticed that 3 of my 8 cores on the processor are maxed-out. Is there a solution for my problem?Tony

Guest jahman

Not particularly proficient at debugging CTDs here, so only general comments:

1. Sounds like you have a 4-Core CPU with hyperthreading: Hyperthreading doesn't do much for FSX except generate heat, so you're better off disabling HT in your BIOS.
  2. The three active cores are loading scenery in the background. This is normal.
  3. Sounds like your FSX setup is running out of RAM due to a memory leak.
  4. Check you W7 Program Errors (I don't recall the exact name) and post the log of your CTD here, so others with more experience can use that diagnostic info to determine what went wrong. Note that although the crash log will identify the module active when the CTD occured it might not be the module with the bug: Another module might have the memory leak to cause memory exhaustion.

Cheers,- jahman.

Hyperthreading is advantageous to the Citation X v2.0.Are you running multiple monitors?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest firehawk44
Most of the time I do not have any problems with CTDs in all of my addon planes except the Eaglesoft Citation 2.0X which dies a slow death (not an immediate CTD) after running it in a flight after 1-1.5 hrs. I have an Alienware 64 bit Rig running Windows 7. The other specs are:3.20 gigahertz Intel Core i7 96032 kilobyte primary memory cache1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache8192 kilobyte tertiary memory cache12Ghz of RAMThe Citation is probably the most complex of my addons, it's got a lot going-on, after about an hour inflight, one of the MFDs becomes inoperable. I've checked on the Windows Task Manager and noticed that 3 of my 8 cores on the processor are maxed-out. Is there a solution for my problem?Tony
You need to check the Event Viewer and look for an error at the approximate time of the crash and see what it says. I have no doubt Exception Code 0xc0000005 will be there plus you should see a faulting module name such as ntdll.dll or atc.dll or terrain.dll. The exception code indicates a memory fault and it probably happened as the faulting module was active. For instance, I just had my first CTD tonight and it referenced the faulting module as atc.dll. In my case the CTD occurred as ATC was beginning to give me instructions on landing at SFO. I just had a messy scenario in that I was flying the default 747 at night in the worse weather possible (major thunderstorms) and those kind of scenarios can bring any system to its knees. I had dense autogen and most of my sliders turned up near the max. I was checking my fps during the flight and the screen froze at 23 fps then the CTD. So there was just too much going on for the memory to handle the situation. Maybe something like this happened to you too. The only solution I think is to turn down some of the sliders and the eye-candy for certain situations or don't fly at night in nasty thunderstorms.Best regards,Jim