Sign in to follow this  
jafo_326

Wilco's A320 FMGC altitude constraints

When loading a STAR on my WILCO A320 FMGC the system will compute top of descent and give me random altitude constraints. However when modifying the constraints to reflect what the arrival chart mandates, the computer will not recalculate the T/D "top of descent" and it wont modify the values of other fixes to reflect the descent profile mandated by the STAR. One example is the HUSTN1 RNAV arrival into KCLT "Charlotte Int'l" if you look at the arrival plate it shows that you can expect to cross NAVEE at FL240 and then BOOZE at 11000. If you punch this values into the FMGC the system should recalculate your T/D "top of descent" and provide you with a either a constant descent profile or a step down descent profile to meet the restrictions but instead of doing that the FMGC will show the constraint at NAVEE and BOOZE and then show me back at my CRZ "cruise" altitude when crossing PROMM and CTF "Chesterfield" which are the 2 fixes between NAVEE and BOOZE in the instrument arrival instead of showing decending values.This doesn't happen with my E-JETS or any other aircraft that I have in my hangar that has an FMS system and VNAV capability.My FMGC database is from Navigraph and is up to date.Any help will be greatly appreciated.Thank you so muchJahil Santos

That's a known problem with the Wilco bus. If you buy Eric Marciano's MCDU update from his website, then that is one of the fixes included, although obviously it's not free. There's talk of Wilco releasing an updated/new version of their airbus (not a patch) also so it might be worth your while waiting to see if anything comes of that. Obviously this won't be free though either.

One thing that works for me when that happens is to FORCE the computer to recalculate pseudo waypoints.If you are still on the ground, change your cruise alt under INIT page. Then change it back to your desired alt. If you are at cruise, do the same but under PROG page. If you commenced your descent and you change your flight plant and that happens... Then.. Don't know...

HiWilco FMS is only let say attempt to simulate Airbus FMS. Recalculation of pseudowaypoint does not work even with E.Marciano update.So be careful.Wait for Aib Evoulution hopefully Edin

Guest flyawayboy777

My wilco A320, A330, or A380 wont hold a correct T/C altitude! How can I fix this. I put the FL300 and it shows but the plane flies right over it! It reached 50,000 feet once!!! Am I making a mistake in the FMGC planning. THe speed holds fine. Also I had a question if there is a ILS approach on the Wilco Airbus line up. DO you have to put the runway frequency or does it calculate it for you like in the PMDG 747X addon? thanksMy wilco A320, A330, or A380 wont hold a correct T/C altitude! How can I fix this. I put the FL300 and it shows but the plane flies right over it! It reached 50,000 feet once!!! Am I making a mistake in the FMGC planning. THe speed holds fine. Also I had a question if there is a ILS approach on the Wilco Airbus line up. DO you have to put the runway frequency or does it calculate it for you like in the PMDG 747X addon? thanks