Sign in to follow this  
Brett Nicholls

NGX Simulator

Hi PMDG. Just wondering if the 737ngx comes close to what boeing would use for their real world simulators. Seeing on Youtube Home made cockpits with real panels and gauges makes me think it must be very close. Could Boeing use this software on their simulator. Brett Nicholls

Look at it this way. To get to know the whole simulator you need to reed the official Boeing manuals.

Look at it this way. To get to know the whole simulator you need to reed the official Boeing manuals.
But it's still only an add-on for very limited FSX.

As a systems trainer it would come extremely close to the real thing, as a flight simualator PMDG can only go so far when it comes to getting around the basic FSX physics. No fault of PMDG of course, and even the multi million $$ lvld sims get it wrong if you push them far out of the normal flight envelope.

Rob Prest

This is precisely what I've been wanting to know as well. I've been using X-Plane as well due to its in my opinion superior flight dynamics. What kind of feedback have your test pilots given as to the manual handling of the NGX?

I don't think it holds water any more. What has been proven here time and time again when developer really makes an effort it can achieve pretty spectacular fidelity within FSX. The biggest limitation in FSX is in weather (not sure where the competition is in this regard), not in the actual aircraft.
Could Boeing use this software on their simulator.
No, due to certfication issues it would not be possible.