Sign in to follow this  
jkowalski801

Chronometer malfunction?

Is it just me? Some strange things happen when I turn the bottom right knob to HLDY on the chronometer. How does it work for you, guys? It only takes about 3 secs to check so please someone reply. biggrin.gif

Is it just me? Some strange things happen when I turn the bottom right knob to HLDY on the chronometer. How does it work for you, guys? It only takes about 3 secs to check so please someone reply. biggrin.gif
What are you expecting to happen, and what does the manual say should happen?

What are you expecting to happen, and what does the manual say should happen?
He doesn't read the manuals.......he wants everyone else to do it for him. I know what that button does........and its not a malfunction.......like, at all.....actually, come to think about it......it does exactly what its supposed to do....so yea. ..Jan.....its just you!

Paul Smith and Tim Steele,I have searched the following manuals/tutorials for the PMDG B747-400 and can't find any reference to the function of the bottom right knob: Discovering the PMDG B747-400 “Queen of the Sky” Part 1 PMDG Aircraft Operating Manual PMDG 747-400 Type Rating Course parts 1 to 4 Boeing 747 Advanced Operations Tutorial Lufthansa Flight LH 454 Boeing 747-400 Standard Procedures Guide In the “Queen of the Sky” tutorial and the Lufthansa tutorial, I found some reference to the top left button and the bottom left control knob but that was all. From a search of this forum, I found that the the bottom right control knob is used to set the date and time so I imagine that when you change the date and time within the simulation, FSX has to reload the scene to match the new date and time. Anyway, my point is that I couldn't find anything about the bottom right knob in the documentation I have so am I missing some important PMDG manual? If the information is in one of the documents listed, please give me a clue so I can find it. Thanks.Dugald Walker.

Dugald Walker

Hi Dugald Basically what it does is change the time in FSX One right mouse button click will pause the sim........Left click will Un-pause it. If you only go one right and one left you can pause and un pause with out having to hit the Pause button on your keyboard, because you haven't changed the time yet.Right click 2 times and you will see the Minuets start moving one min at a time. When you bring it back (left click once) it will pause the flight, and one more left click will set that time in fsx.Example- Its 15:00 (3:00PM). if you click right 2 times the minuets will start to go up.......lets say that you stop it at 15:05, then you bring it back one left click (pause) and then you bring it back one more left click, It will load FSX to be 15:05. Now if you click it right three times it will change the hour, one hour at a time. Bring it back 3 times (left mouse button) it will load the timeIf you hit the top right button you can do the same thing for the date. Play around with it.......It takes time to get used to......My recomendation, if you dont want anything to change I.E. Time date and whatnot, leave that button alone. the left top and bottom buttons are the "stop watch" feature.Example- its 15:00, and you right click 3 times, the hours start going up. you bring it back 2 places the sim will pause.....lets say you stop it at 20:00. when you left click again its going to load fsx to be 20:00 (8:00 PM)It allows you to set time time in FSX with out having to leave the sim....you can do everything from the VC or the 2D panel.with out hitting ALT_World_Time and Season.

Tim Steele,Thank you for your explanation. To make this a "teachable moment" for Jan Kowalski and other newbies like me, where can we find this explanation in the documentation? Have I missed some manual or tutorial from my list? Both you and Paul Smith are implying that it is explained in "the manuals" so where is it?Dugald Walker

Dugald Walker

I can not find it eather. I figured it out by trial and error, when I first bought the PMDG 747. Some other Add On companies do a similar thing. But that is exactly what it does. Its not a malfunction..........and its doing exactly what its supposed to do, hense my comment. The "He doesn't read the manuals.......he wants everyone else to do it for him", part was to state that Jan is rude in this forum. Read the Autothrust (its autothrottle by the way) post that he made, a few days ago, that I helped him with. I worked very hard to give him an answer to eliminate his problem, it worked, and he still decided to be rude with me.You are not, there for I decided to answer you.