Sign in to follow this  
kjetilhj

MD11 nose gear

I have looked all over and can't find anything about this. It's just a small visual thing. When I taxi and my AC is heavy (alot of fuel and cargo) for long haul flights, the nose gear suspension is all the way at the bottom, and when I brake the gear is digging a little bit into the ground. Is there a fix for this or can it be fixed in the CFG?? Thanks

The struct should not be compressed all the way, how about a screen shot.Anytime you see simulation objects below the surface of the runway or taxiway it is usually because there is a discrepancy between airport and terrain data, usually only happens in addon sceneries but I think I have seen it a a few default locations (not sure).

Dan Downs KCRP

I will try to take a shot. Its just the MD11. On the PMDG 747 and most other AC, the tires stays on top of the ground and the suspension is moving as it is absorbing the movement when the AC brakes. Even at MTOW. Its like it still have a damper effect. I will come back with a photo.

If you don't have an editor, IrfanView is a good program. It's free.If you don't want to download something, use MSPaint and save it as a JPEG.

Kyle Rodgers

Yeah, the default paint program that comes with windows will resize pictures.

Dan Downs KCRP

Microsoft PAINT offcorse....stupid me!!!The top 145 tons GW, and bottom is at max 285 tons. Its nothing left of the damper strut when its heavy,its pressed in all the way.So when i brake at that weight the ground itselv become the damper

Blush, I lack experience in metric tons. I assume that you are at or below 621,000 lbs and within CG envelope. Is this FSX or FS9? Maybe someone will compare screen shots with you... I don't recall this being reported as a visual bug.

Dan Downs KCRP

Its FSX. The weight is almost at MTOW and the other is almost vith no fuel and only one 4000 lb container in front lower deck, and yes, I am within the CG limits. All of this photos are taken with all the FMS data inserted.

Its FSX. The weight is almost at MTOW and the other is almost vith no fuel and only one 4000 lb container in front lower deck, and yes, I am within the CG limits. All of this photos are taken with all the FMS data inserted.
excuse me?that doesnt make sense at all,

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

What dosent make sense?? All I know that this is happening for some reason. When the AC is heavy, the suspension leg is pressed down all the way and the nose wheel tires is digging into the ground when I brake. Not the whole tire but the lower part of it. When the AC is lightweight the suspension leg have a little of it outside so the suspension cylinder/strut itself is damping when I brake. Understand?? I can try to make a video of it. To see the movement in motion I think will tell more than 4 pictures...smile.gif

This video is TOGW 270 ton (595000 lb)

. And here is the lightweight TOGW 155 ton (342000 lb)