Sign in to follow this  
derianc

I want to join VATSIM but...

I used to fly on VATSIM, but upgrading to W7 and FSX, I had countless connection problems with SB4.IVAO interface software works well with W7 and I have not really noticed any difference between the 2 networks.(apart from busier skies in Europe on IVAO)There are pilots and controllers with different amounts of experience and abilities I have a real world PPLI have always found IVAO controllers to be as patient as those on VATSIM so I guess it is what works best for the individual.

Please also check out the Pilot Training program at LA Artcc. The program starts of with basic VFR and goes from there, complete with written scripts.You can also check out the pilot tutorials on the TorontoFIR website http://www.czyz.ca/node/22Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

What about becoming a member of both organizations. There wouldn't be any issue with connectivity via their client programs.Wouldn't that be the best of both worlds for now?

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest 747-fan
What about becoming a member of both organizations. There wouldn't be any issue with connectivity via their client programs.Wouldn't that be the best of both worlds for now?
Hear hear, I did that. Being a member of both is free. Here's what I do: 1: I choose a flight(type, location, route)2: check out where there's ATC and/or traffic on Servinfo (which has dual network support)3: Decide which network to fly on based on pt 2I hope more would do this. Since there seems to be no chance that the two organisations will join voluntarily, I hope one will swallow the other, in a good capitalistic "develop a single big competitional advantage, and the customers will prefer us" kind of way. Traffic and ATC is the biggest deciding factor, so I think client and website design, effective training and events would sooner or later give one network an upperhand. Snowball effect would make that upperhand grow until the "weaker" network is marginalized and closes down.

can anyone get on VATSIM tonight? It isn't working for me tonight, neither is Vroute or their website?

Gavin Price

oh a united ivao + vatsim, would be absolutley beautiful
A long time ago they were united using the name SATCO

Yep, I tried Vatsim, still got my account and stuff but theres something screwy with my FSX. One, I own AFX (Flight one), whenever I try to save an edited AFCAD it warns me that my location is for FS9. I ignored it because it worked anyway. Next came FS commander 9 which I installed last week. It tried to default to FS9 as well when I told it where my stuff was. I am assuming now that neither product works (FScopilot/Inn) because of my FSX location, believing me to be FS9, so it wont load properly. I am at a loss.
From what I know you should save your edited AFCADS in Addon Scenery\Scenery folder.Have you tried posting at the Flight1 AFX forum?

\Robert Hamlich/

From what I know you should save your edited AFCADS in Addon Scenery\Scenery folder.Have you tried posting at the Flight1 AFX forum?
I do, and it works, but I always get a warning saying my location is for FS9.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

I do, and it works, but I always get a warning saying my location is for FS9.
Eric, is there no way to point it back to FSX?

\Robert Hamlich/

Eric, is there no way to point it back to FSX?
Nope, I have no way to force it to stop telling me that I am saving in an FS9 directory.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Hey guys, just a quick question. Do you use REX when in VATSIM or no? Like should I turn on the REX weather engine and all that good stuff if flying in VATSIM?

When you connect onto vatsim, fsx uses vatsim weather. But that should still use REX textures

Gavin Price

I use REX textures and ivao weather,just turn off all rex weather engine related things off

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK