Sign in to follow this  
davethewave2

Hilarious Graphic Problem

c172.jpg737.jpgI think this is connected to me installing the DirectX SDK but I'm not 100% sure as I was playing with a lot of things at the time.Reinstalling fsx didn't fix the problem, or removing the SDK. Had to reinstall Windows to fix.Anyone know what might have caused it?Thought I'd post it here as it is quite funny. Note the Prop spinner on the Cessena is floating 20 foot above the plane!

This is caused by a wrong bufferpools setting (probably setting the bufferpools too high). The glitch is accompanied by missing autogen and lack of clouds.I know this from my 285GTX :-)

This is caused by a wrong bufferpools setting (probably setting the bufferpools too high). The glitch is accompanied by missing autogen and lack of clouds.I know this from my 285GTX :-)
I sort of agree with you. I have a GTX480 which used to let me try all sorts of buffer pools settings. Once I changed my system somehow it did the above and my fps halved. Even deleting fsx.cfg didn't fix it. Now I've reinstalled it all works as before and I can now use buffer pools again without causing the above.

I used to get that once in a while also, but mine would be even worse with the wings going verticle thru the fuselage and the VC loosing its textures so I was able to see thru the floor of the a/c. Plus this happend to me without doing anything with the bufferpools. Anyways, once I applied the highmemfix=1 to the fsx.cfg it never happened again. It goes under the [Graphics] section of your fsx.cfg if you haven't already tried it.[GRAPHICS]HIGHMEMFIX=1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

You've been playing with the Shaders, right?Look here:-http://forum.avsim.net/topic/292452-strange-fsx-problem-need-help/page__p__1807441__hl__shader__fromsearch__1#entry1807441

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

You've been playing with the Shaders, right?
I might have been, I was doing a lot of things and tweaks at the time.However, when I did a clean install of fsx my frame rate remained half of what I normally achieve and touching buffer pools gave me the same problem. Reinstalling windows fixed the problem and I can now change buffer pools to whatever without having this strange effect.My conclusion is something changed on my machine which I'm guessing was the DirectX SDK but may have been something else. I'm also wondering that thoose that say changing buffer pools can cause this have the same issue and will be suffering from poor fps?

I had the very same thing happen to me.Re-installed *******,s shaders and re-built fsx.cfg and all is well again...Lou N1472Q

I had the very same thing happen to me.Re-installed *******,s shaders and re-built fsx.cfg and all is well again...Lou N1472Q
Yes - this was the issue. There was no need to reinstall Windows. This error has been posted many times here, plus Bojote's original thread on the subject. It has nothing to do with BufferPools or the Himem fix. Repairing or reinstalling FSX will not fix it unless you delete the Shaders Cache folder, which is in C:\Users\{your_name}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX\Shaders and \Shaders10. A reinstall won't touch correct and pre-existing folders.To repair this graphics corruption one needs to have these lines in the [GRAPHICS] section of the fsx.cfg file:-ALLOW_SHADER_30=1 ............. This allows FSX to use the newer version of shaders that were not in production when FSX came out; some parts of FSX are written to use version 3, and Bojote found this and was able to add a couple of things to the cfg to allow their use. ALLOW_SHADER_30=1 does this. If you change anything within FSX which is dependent upon shader v3 - one needs to rebuild the shader cache, which you have to do manually. It can be done by deleting the cache folders - or by adding this line:-SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=25to the cfg file, and then - by changing the number, it will automatically trigger FSX to rebuild the cache the next time FSX is loaded. It is important to note that the "25" can be any number of your choosing.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.