Sign in to follow this  
avgaskoolaid

Just Flight A320/A319 any thoughts?

stay clear of Abacus, IMHO their Airbuses are really bad.

That, and if I may add: Also keep away from AFS design - that guy sells stuff I probably wouldn't even download if it were freeware!

You ate my superior so you know better

Took a while for me to figure out that this is a typo (at least I hope that's not an accusation :P) - but only being older (and perhaps having a bit more experience here) doesn't really mean I'm right in any regard. Most of what I write might reflect the majority's opinion on many of the products you mention, but that's not really a matter of right or wrong, is it?

Anyway, I find it cool that your dad supports you so much in this hobby. And thanks for the clarification, now I can understand why you want to get as much as possible rigth now.

A few more thoughts on products you mention:

1.) As far as I am aware, PMDG are also re-working their 747 (I don't follow their developments closely, maybe I missed something here, though) - that development will definitely take more time (most likely more than a year), but it might also be worth the wait, especially if you consider the price.

2.) I have that Feelthere 737 PIC - I don't like it. It's visually outdated, and I am not at all sure whether it is a correct simulation. As far as I am aware, this is also actually a Wilco production (it's only published by Feelthere) - so again support is negligible, but probably necessary (at least I have had some problems with their planes and read about more). If you really want to have a 737 Classic right now, this is your only option ,otherwise I'd recommend waiting for the QualityWings/Enigma Sim one, which looks really promising.

3.) You seem to be interested in Airbus; that's why I would recommend you to get the Aerosoft Airbus X Extended first. That's for two reasons: First of all, there is no use in learning a "lite" Airbus, because FSX is not able to simulate anything the Airbus does by itself, so every "lite" product (whcih will incidentely use FSX's Boeing-oriented basic autopilot). The AXE (and probably the BBS A320) have a way to implement such typical Airbus features liek the FBW or the more or less "set and forget" autopilot. The second point, which IMO makes the AXE better than the BBS Airbus, is that it is a finished product (i.e. all promiesd features implemented, unlike the BBS one, which is not yet finished and actually sold as a Beta version), but it's still getting free updates with features the extension (A318/A319, currently under development) will also feature.

and can you give me the links to thomas ruth's a330 and a340

Those are actually a few more than only the 330 and 340, but anyway: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=thomas+Ruth&CatID=fsxac&Go=Search

Project Airbus (Special versions): http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=project+airbus+special&CatID=fsxac&Go=Search

If you're looking for certain liveries, you will also find those in the Avsim library, or also on the PA homepage (http://www.pafs.wf/#livery)

Kind regards,

Flo

As far as I am aware, this [original 737 PIC] is also actually a Wilco production (it's only published by Feelthere

feelThere created/developed the 737 PIC back in 2005 (yeah, 8 years ago .. or 9 as coding started in 2004).

Wilco published the release (aka, the distributor).

--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Thanks for the clarification, scoob! I'm sorry for the confusion, sometimes it's really hard to keep your work and Wilco's apart...

feelThere created/developed the 737 PIC back in 2005 (yeah, 8 years ago .. or 9 as coding started in 2004).

Wilco published the release (aka, the distributor).

--

Hi Scoob,

Do you know why the yoke and ailerons go completely nuts on me when autopilot is engaged on the PIC 737?  I have the boxed JF version running on Win7.  I've had it for almost 3 years but I can't use it because of that issue.

Thanks.