Sign in to follow this  
curt1

Sound from speakers and headset simultaneously

Last night I purchased a Logitech headset with mic, and this morning your J41 Voice program. I think I will enjoy this fully, but I have a sound configuration issue. When I plug in my USB headset, all sound goes through my headset. When I unplug it, all sounds goes through my external speakers. I'm aware of the HS button to separate the FO sounds, but I can't even get that far, as I'm unable to have the headset plugged in and have external sound at the same time. I'm sure it's an easy solution, but I'm stumped. My OS is Vista. Thanks ahead of time for your help.

Go to Control Panel/Sounds and select which output you want for speakers. I use my internal sound card for that. Then check the Recording tab and select your microphone source. I use the USB sound device for this.NOW: Load your FSX or FS9 and go to Settings/Sound. Here you can decide how you want your sounds. I select my Speakers for the LEFT Tab and the USB device for the RIGHT (Voices) tab. That way, I hear cockpit sounds and voices through my headset (which is connected to the USB device.It may take some experimenting to get it right with your setup but it is worth it. It took me a long time to get all the tabs set.Good Luck

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Neal, thanks for the reply. After testing this with all sounds through the headset, I'm now uncertain what's best in my case. I was able to pick up environmental sounds from the VC along with better wind sounds through the headset; things I hadn't heard well before through the external speakers. I'll follow your easily understood directions, which I appreciate, and compare to see what works best considering my hardware. I can also relate to your "melted credit card" in your sig, as mine is out of control. :(