Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Quick question

Good day everyone,I have a rather simple question to ask, I was just looking at adding a 2nd pc To my current pc to run other programs while using fs9 to maybe get better performance, seeing as I have a tower with all hardware just sitting in my basement, if I want to network these together can I simply just use a Ethernet cord and plug them in the Ethernet ports on both pc and that's it? Do i also need to have fs9 instLled on both pc'sThanks a bunch in advance

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Your best best bet would be to look at Wide FS, and no, you don't need FS installed on both PCs:http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlNote that there are different versions of Wide FS for FS9 and FSXAl

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Your best best bet would be to look at Wide FS, and no, you don't need FS installed on both PCs:http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlNote that there are different versions of Wide FS for FS9 and FSXAl
You don't need to WideFS, just Wideclient a Ethernet cord and share your FSfolders for stuff like active sky etc.Regards

Rob Prest

Thanks guys, Would you say it's worth the effort to have 2 pc's running fs9, would it speed things up??Thanks again

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest belga1

Hello,

Would you say it's worth the effort to have 2 pc's running fs9, would it speed things up??
AFAIK .. this will certainly not speed things up ...Regards.bye.gifGus.

Guest belga1

Hello,

The only program on my main computer is THE SIM
Interesting to note that the OP write:
2 pc's running fs9
And not one PC running FS9 and another PC running the third party softwaresThe importance of the words :( Hence my answer .....Regards.bye.gifGus.

Gerry,The program FS9 itself cannot be split up to run on separate computers. What most people are referring to is running 3rd party add ons on the second computer. If you don't use any of these programs then you can forget about all this!

On the hardware side of things, to network two together you need a crossover cable if you don't have a router or an Ethernet hub. A regular ethernet cable won't work. Also if you don't have a router you need to assign your ip address to each computer manually. If you have a router it will assign network addresses automatically.Cheers.................Todd

Thanks everyone, I think ill pass as Jim said I dont run that many 3rd party programs while running fs9, And the ones I do run dont bog my fs9 down at all, so im getting a feeling it is more work than its worth.Thanks for all the inputs on this.