Sign in to follow this  
wiltzei

ATIS from a separate sound device

Some of us simmers own a separate soundcard, and I´m wondering if Active Sky´s ATIS sounds could be routed through a specific audio device in the same manner as in FS2Crew Voice Commander versions? My opinion is that It would add an extra bit of realism.ATIS can sometimes be very difficult to hear, because the planes in the simulator have vastly different sound volumes, and adjusting volume levels all the time is a PITA, truth to be told. Checking the exact information from AS window isn´t a option, I´m afraid.

Hi,The AS sounds are wave files, so if you can direct wave files to your other device through Windows/Sounds then that is what will happen. Yes, then all waves will play that way until you change the option back.

Hi,The AS sounds are wave files, so if you can direct wave files to your other device through Windows/Sounds then that is what will happen. Yes, then all waves will play that way until you change the option back.
I also requested this feature back in the ASX times. Would it be possible to provide 'how to'?I use DWC, but FSX's ATIS is useless in that mode (I recieve weather conditions near the A/C, not the aerodrome which I filled as destination), also MCE's 'how about the weather' copilot reply gives extremely strange values.As I am a user with separate sound cards, I would like to use them both.

Hi,Everything would be done through the Window's Control Panel/Sound options. I don't have 2 sound cards so I can't be anymore specific, but you would assign wave files to be sent to one card.

I have found some kind of workaround - change default sound card to Your headphones, launch ASX, select default sound device to the one You need. ASX will use the card which was the default one when program starts. Not an elegant one, but working as long as You do not close the app.