Sign in to follow this  
Guest 413X3

Possible memory leak cause, Orbx duplicate afacds?

Guest 413X3

I have just installed all Orbx NA Blue sceneries and noticed a few duplicate afcad and elevation data files with Ultimate Terrain Canada. Haven't read anything anywhere on manual steps to disable, and I'm getting really bad memory leaks in the PNW area now. I'm pretty sure this is the reason. For example CAG4_AP.BGL is in the \UtCanAirports\scenery folder, and ADE_FTX_PNW_CAG4_Twin_Lakes.BGL is in the \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY\scenery\ folderAlso CYBA has the same problem, and a few other airportsThese are duplicate afcad files, known to cause memory leaks, crashes, etc. Should I be removing all those dupliate files in the utcan airports folder?

According to ORBX, their software has an "exclude-all" function, so it shouldn't matter. And also, today i also flew to CYBA, and no issues at all. FPS remained locked at 40 whole time i was there. (flew from springbanks, did a touch-n-go and continued to golden)But, if you wanna try, you can move the UTcan file to your desktop, and see if that fixes it.

I have just installed all Orbx NA Blue sceneries and noticed a few duplicate afcad and elevation data files with Ultimate Terrain Canada. Haven't read anything anywhere on manual steps to disable
Run the UTX Canada Setup Tool. Under the Terrain menu you will see a 'Modify Status of Repositioned Airports' choice. From there you can enable/disable the individual airports which UTX Canada repositioned.Jeff

AVSimSig.jpg

Guest 413X3

Duh not sure how I missed that, thanks! Btw I believe there is the same issue after installing the OZx scenery for NA Blue, duplicate afcad files, but I can't find which orbx files to disable anywhere.