Sign in to follow this  
Thomas_Kenobi

Shared Cockpit

Personally I would rather see PMDG put all their resources into making this 1:1 shared cockpit thing after the 737 rather then building the T7. And be sold as a separate addon.
I'd venture that way more people want a good 777 than want shared cockpit...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Right. Count me in for the 777

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

BTW, just for infos...I have done some flights with shared cockpit in a well known Maddog...Faboulous...Having the real Checklist in the hands and watching the tests the FO is doing during your FMS setup is amazing...And with a voice channel for interaction between you and the PF/PNF is something like reality...I'm sure PMDG will think about developing this feature in the future, it's something over everything else around...(I done it from LAN, with two PCs near at each other...Like double monitor...two sets of CH Yoke and pedals and it was like a "simple" homemade cockpit...from FS9...)Cheers
+1!Just to chime in here that I've done numerous successful shared cockpit flights with the Maddog MD80 on VATSIM and it has always been an amazing experience! Flying with a pilot/copilot certainly makes the immersion factor twofold and we never want to fly alone again.Skype works flawlessly as our PF/PNF comm channel and either one of us can communicate with the VATSIM ATC controllers.Sure hope the NGX has this shared cockpit functionality...adds a whole new dimension to FSX "As real as it gets" !

AMD 7900X  |  ASRock Steel Legend X670E  |  G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 6000  |  MSI 6950XT  |  Noctua NH-D14  

EVGA Super NOVA 850W  |  Cooler Master HAF932  |  Hisense 43" 4K UHD  |  Win11

Agreed.

Kyle Rodgers

+1...been waiting for a good implementation of the 777 from day 1 of using FSX.

Guest Tamadeez
And I can't even question that. It's just a awesomely implemented shared cockpit is a game changer. While the 777 is just another plane. Not really taking a step forward in the SIM aspect. No matter what I fly these days there's always that underlying feeling somethings missing. And I think that's greatly due to being a less efficient lone wolf pilot. But it seems you guys are or have considered shared cockpit in the 737 anyway so I could just be talking bullocks. Chow

No way! Shared cockpit is way more exciting and fun then flying alone in the triple 7. Shared Cockpit!

i want a 777 more than the ngx itself ;)

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Ok gents, let's not make this into a 777 vs Shared Cockpit competition. :PI'm sure that if it comes to that PMDG will do a market analysis that will consist of more than a forum poll. Plus I doubt implementing this is the same amount of work as building an entire plane sim from scratch.Regarding the demand for a shared cockpit functionality now. It's essentially FS2Crew taken to the next step. And as far as I know FS2Crew is selling nicely. This could really be the next big step in our obsess.... err I meant hobby :(