Hey guys, I have the PFC Jetliner Column yoke, I had it sent in to be re-furbished, new potentiometers, springs etc. I have had it back for a while and I have had this problem ever since i got it back, the guys over at flypfc suggest re-installing FSX, saying that is a, "Memory" issue of FSX or the PC having memory of the older pots in the yoke, and in FSX with the aileron axis center on my yoke what the sim see's is a slight / moderate right aileron input and not being able to achieve full deflection to one side, I deleted the FSX axis and assigned it through FSUIPC which helped it but now I can never get a true center position when the yoke is centered. Its always off by a few, I never had to completely delete the Roll Axis in FSX, and make it "Direct" through FSUIPC, this is a temporary solution as even doing this I still get problems (Such as having to re enter the Min Center Max Values in FSUIPC over and over again after sim exits and restarts). I don't want to re-install FSX just to fix that and that seems to be the only thing coming out of the mouthes over at Fly Pfc. Any help, on anything I can check, delete, try, or maybe a workaround. I am really bummed out because It was working ok before I sent the yoke to get re-furbished, and now i am regretting it if I have to re-install FSX.Thanks guys

Hey guys, I have the PFC Jetliner Column yoke, I had it sent in to be re-furbished, new potentiometers, springs etc. I have had it back for a while and I have had this problem ever since i got it back, the guys over at flypfc suggest re-installing FSX, saying that is a, "Memory" issue of FSX or the PC having memory of the older pots in the yoke, and in FSX with the aileron axis center on my yoke what the sim see's is a slight / moderate right aileron input and not being able to achieve full deflection to one side, I deleted the FSX axis and assigned it through FSUIPC which helped it but now I can never get a true center position when the yoke is centered. Its always off by a few, I never had to completely delete the Roll Axis in FSX, and make it "Direct" through FSUIPC, this is a temporary solution as even doing this I still get problems (Such as having to re enter the Min Center Max Values in FSUIPC over and over again after sim exits and restarts). I don't want to re-install FSX just to fix that and that seems to be the only thing coming out of the mouthes over at Fly Pfc. Any help, on anything I can check, delete, try, or maybe a workaround. I am really bummed out because It was working ok before I sent the yoke to get re-furbished, and now i am regretting it if I have to re-install FSX.Thanks guys
HelloGo here http://www.wingmanteam.com/latest_software/gadgets.htmDownload the Poswdm Utility and also Clear Calibration UtilityPoswdm Utility:Description:Poswdm is a utility from Microsoft® that allows you to see axes and button data reported by a game controller. This is a useful tool to confirm that all the axes and buttons are working on your device.Clear Calibration Utility:Description:This is a small utility to get rid of all calibration data. Read the Readme.txt for details.You will be able to completely clear the Windows joystick calibration with the clear calibration tool.Poswdm will show you exactly what your controller axis are doing.

I just tried out what you said, I don't want to jump for joy to soon, but I think that did it I am test flying right now. Thank you so much, Thank You!!!Edit:I can say, that the issue is fully resolved, did 3 flights, I have a huge smile on my face.Thanks!

I just tried out what you said, I don't want to jump for joy to soon, but I think that did it I am test flying right now. Thank you so much, Thank You!!!Edit:I can say, that the issue is fully resolved, did 3 flights, I have a huge smile on my face.Thanks!
HelloGlad it worked , happy holidays Angelo

Nooo, my enjoyment was short lived, I am noticing now, that when I roll my yoke left, I roll the yoke about 70% through its range of motion and this will give full max left deflection in the sim, and if I roll right its pretty proportional, except I will get to about 90% maximum range of motion in my yoke, and that will translate to maximum right deflection in the sim. So to recap: 70% Left Yoke Roll = Max Deflection and 90% Right Yoke Roll = Max DeflectionI've tried direct axis control through FSUIPC and same thing, I messed with the sensitivities and null zones, I used the tools maddog recommended again, and I've re-calibrated so many times now, In the Windows Calibration window which shows the movement on screen, its 1:1 though so the sim is reading it wrong I'm assuming.

Nooo, my enjoyment was short lived, I am noticing now, that when I roll my yoke left, I roll the yoke about 70% through its range of motion and this will give full max left deflection in the sim, and if I roll right its pretty proportional, except I will get to about 90% maximum range of motion in my yoke, and that will translate to maximum right deflection in the sim. So to recap: 70% Left Yoke Roll = Max Deflection and 90% Right Yoke Roll = Max DeflectionI've tried direct axis control through FSUIPC and same thing, I messed with the sensitivities and null zones, I used the tools maddog recommended again, and I've re-calibrated so many times now, In the Windows Calibration window which shows the movement on screen, its 1:1 though so the sim is reading it wrong I'm assuming.
Hello AngeloD/L DXtweak from the page I gave you, What values does it show you for each direction?Post some DXtweak screenshots if you can.DXtweak will allow you to set the limits of each axis in either direction.Did you also rebuild your FSX.cfg file after reseting the calibration?

I did not rebuild the fsx.cfg I didn't know that was necessary, it is necessary then I will do it, I will get screenshots in a bit, thanks again for your help.

Ok here are the pics of the powdsm utility, One Is yoke centered, Yoke Left, and Yoke Right.I deleted my FSX.cfg and I am not sure how to set the axis limits in the program you are talking about, or if its necessary.Yoke Centeredhttp://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8908/yokecentered.jpgYoke Lefthttp://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6610/yokefullleft.jpgYoke Righthttp://img337.imageshack.us/img337/954/yokefullright.jpg

Ok, it seems to be working okay once I re-calibrate it through windows, the problem I am now seeing is that, and I cant exactly pinpoint it to what, but, whenever I close my sim or restart my computer (These are assumptions) that there is drift in my controls. Meaning before the problem arises my flight controls operate normally as they should, but when I restart or close the sim, the calibration goes off a bit and my aileron is not center when my physical hardware (Yoke) is centered, and all I did was restart my PC or close and re-open FSX. Any Ideas, I'm so bummed out.

Ok, it seems to be working okay once I re-calibrate it through windows, the problem I am now seeing is that, and I cant exactly pinpoint it to what, but, whenever I close my sim or restart my computer (These are assumptions) that there is drift in my controls. Meaning before the problem arises my flight controls operate normally as they should, but when I restart or close the sim, the calibration goes off a bit and my aileron is not center when my physical hardware (Yoke) is centered, and all I did was restart my PC or close and re-open FSX. Any Ideas, I'm so bummed out.
HelloTry moving the controls through their range of motion as your flight loads up, Helps here sometimes with certain Addons.

Thats not helping the calibration any, It still offsets only on the roll axis though, the tech support guy from PFC had me do this, http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7hardware/thread/f1a339b7-1388-4790-9cf4-3e895f4fb3f7I was hopeful to on this one, I checked it and it was Enabled so, I Disabled it, and to no avail it still messes up, thanks again maddog, and everyone else for the help.Any Ideas?