Sign in to follow this  
JoTayhen

Please, a little advice about business jets?

I presently very much enjoy flying the Siai Marchetti SF260 in a GA environment. I have an interest in acquiring a high quality business jet. Although my interests remain firmly with the GA experience, I am intrigued by the thought of expanding my activities to include a faster, more complex aircraft that will also take me to more distant destinations. I honestly do not, at this time, have an interest in learning to operate commercial airliners. I greatly appreciate the quality of the RealAir SF260 and I take advantage of the wonderful VC experience and flight model it provides. I am hoping a smaller business jet of similiar quality exists in our community. I have been looking closely at the Eaglesoft products. My concerns lay mainly in the fact that I am an older guy whose eyes are not the best in the world and I note the reviews of the Eaglesoft aircraft to date mention certain desires on the part of the reviewers that portions of the panels could benefit from better resolution. I also noticed some rather oblique references to certain shortcomings in some of their flight models. Like many who are presently on the sidelines of this issue and who have never enjoyed their products, I try to be circumspect with regard to those comments however they do raise concerns. I am quite aware of the existance of many multi-engine prop aircraft that would effectively expand my horizons however, I am hoping to place a brand-new jet in my virtual hanger and have the experience of learning - over the upcoming holiday - how to operate it properly. I believe my system is robust enough to operate most any of the offerings presently out there. I have studied all of the reviews I could come across in the various archives and I am now reaching out to the community for your advice and counsel. You all represent a wonderful resource to folks like me. If you presently enjoy flying a very realistic, smaller business jet that, you believe, would represent a great transition for a committed single-engine prop GA enthusiast who is quite willing to spend the time necessary to learn how to properly operate it, I would love to have your recommendation. The primary concerns for me will be quality and overall realism. I am much more comfortable owning a very few aircraft, each of very high quality. Thanks for taking the time to read this post! John

I presently very much enjoy flying the Siai Marchetti SF260 in a GA environment. I have an interest in acquiring a high quality business jet. Although my interests remain firmly with the GA experience, I am intrigued by the thought of expanding my activities to include a faster, more complex aircraft that will also take me to more distant destinations. I honestly do not, at this time, have an interest in learning to operate commercial airliners. I greatly appreciate the quality of the RealAir SF260 and I take advantage of the wonderful VC experience and flight model it provides. I am hoping a smaller business jet of similiar quality exists in our community. I have been looking closely at the Eaglesoft products. My concerns lay mainly in the fact that I am an older guy whose eyes are not the best in the world and I note the reviews of the Eaglesoft aircraft to date mention certain desires on the part of the reviewers that portions of the panels could benefit from better resolution. I also noticed some rather oblique references to certain shortcomings in some of their flight models. Like many who are presently on the sidelines of this issue and who have never enjoyed their products, I try to be circumspect with regard to those comments however they do raise concerns. I am quite aware of the existance of many multi-engine prop aircraft that would effectively expand my horizons however, I am hoping to place a brand-new jet in my virtual hanger and have the experience of learning - over the upcoming holiday - how to operate it properly. I believe my system is robust enough to operate most any of the offerings presently out there. I have studied all of the reviews I could come across in the various archives and I am now reaching out to the community for your advice and counsel. You all represent a wonderful resource to folks like me. If you presently enjoy flying a very realistic, smaller business jet that, you believe, would represent a great transition for a committed single-engine prop GA enthusiast who is quite willing to spend the time necessary to learn how to properly operate it, I would love to have your recommendation. The primary concerns for me will be quality and overall realism. I am much more comfortable owning a very few aircraft, each of very high quality. Thanks for taking the time to read this post! John
Since no one else has answered I'll suggest that older reviews may not reflect the current state of our products. Best advice is to try them out and if unsatisfied return within 30 Days for a full refund.Big%20Grin.gif

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

HI Ron,Thank you very much for the advice. It has been taken to heart. I appreciate hearing from you. By the way, while I have you, what would your recommendation be regarding your portfolio of products? I must say I am a little intimidated by your Citation X offerings. They both appear to be much more aircraft than I am presently comfortable with. I have been looking very closely at both your Raytheon Premier I and your Citation II/SP. Can you share your opinions? Again, thank you for your comments and your time. John

HI Ron,Thank you very much for the advice. It has been taken to heart. I appreciate hearing from you. By the way, while I have you, what would your recommendation be regarding your portfolio of products? I must say I am a little intimidated by your Citation X offerings. They both appear to be much more aircraft than I am presently comfortable with. I have been looking very closely at both your Raytheon Premier I and your Citation II/SP. Can you share your opinions? Again, thank you for your comments and your time. John
The P1, CII/SP, CJ1, or Beechet/Hawker are probably more suited for the simmer who wishes to advance in stages to full fledged Corporate flying.The CX2.0 may not fit the transition from GA as it is very realistic and there is a slight learning curve even for experienced Corporate Pilots.Thank you for your interest John.Merry Christmas and a Joyous New Year.Big%20Grin.gif

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Well from experience I can say contrary to what some of the folks there think my opinion is on there products I own All of Eaglesoft's Corporate Jets. I will agree that if your going from GA to corporate jets you would probably be happier to start off with the Hawker or premier as the citation has a steep learning curve. Kinda of like going from a cesna 172 to PMDG 737. Just%20Kidding.gif

Hi Ron,That does it then! A brand, spanking new Eaglesoft PI is scheduled to be delivered to KCAE's Eagle Aviation main hanger here in Columbia, SC in the VERY near future! I'm so excited I can barely stand it. With my next regular certification right around the corner, it really isn't a good idea for a old man's heartrate to be this high but, with a present of this magnitude how would it be otherwise? I must share one other thing with you. My wife, Charlene has made me promise to keep my old eighth army aircorp leather flying cap in the drawer ( I usually don it when patroling in my Spit). She claims she knew up front she had married an idiot - - however, she says she definately will not tolerate an unsightly one! ( humph! I guess beauty continues to reside in the eye of the beholder! ) Thanks again. We both hope and pray that you and your family will rest peacefully this holiday and that the new year will bring much promise and contentment to you all. John

Hi Ron,That does it then! A brand, spanking new Eaglesoft PI is scheduled to be delivered to KCAE's Eagle Aviation main hanger here in Columbia, SC in the VERY near future! I'm so excited I can barely stand it. With my next regular certification right around the corner, it really isn't a good idea for a old man's heartrate to be this high but, with a present of this magnitude how would it be otherwise? I must share one other thing with you. My wife, Charlene has made me promise to keep my old eighth army aircorp leather flying cap in the drawer ( I usually don it when patroling in my Spit). She claims she knew up front she had married an idiot - - however, she says she definately will not tolerate an unsightly one! ( humph! I guess beauty continues to reside in the eye of the beholder! ) Thanks again. We both hope and pray that you and your family will rest peacefully this holiday and that the new year will bring much promise and contentment to you all. John
Thanks John. May we suggest the CJ1 instead? The P1 is a legacy product, rereleased at users request and the cockpit may be tough to read. The CJ1 is not as old and will more likely suit your needs.We wish you and yours the same for the Holidays and the new year. You may contact us at anytime at support@eaglesoftdg.com

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Welcome John. I'm in Columbia and wish you the best with Eaglesoft. Their aircraft are great and you'll enjoy flying any aircraft in their fleet. Merry Christmas - and remember - fly safely! :(

Thanks again, Ron. Following your advice, I have amended my order. I am expecting a sparkling new CJ1 to arrive. She won't be "orphaned" for long, I'll tell you. Charlene is already mulling over a list of suitable names - - - I just fly em, Buddy - - - she's in charge of naming them! I do believe its possible she is more excited than I am. You can't believe how much flak I have taken over the years when it comes time to pack and load the little SF260 and head out on vacation! Just between you and me, I've gotten just a tad bit worried - - just the other day I overheard her pacing in the kitchen muttering something about a C-130. Now that's serious. Thanks again for your very kind assistance! John

Hi Chuck,Thanks for the kind welcome. I am quite excited about my "new arrival". I also really appreciate the Eaglesoft team and their willingness to assist. Hope you have a wonderful Holiday! John