Sign in to follow this  
bmarcoux2

Eaglesoft Citation 2.0

FIRST Have your facts straight. I did not see your response in YOUR forum. That was my fault because I acc. posted it in the fsx forum so when I went to look in the fs9 forum I didn't see it there. I almost allways come to AVSIM forums to get an ansewer on question no matter whos product it is because I always get quick responses from people who ACTUALLY use the product. And I never get a "No stupiud, it dosen't work that way" response here. Sounds like you need to go back to your fourm. We can figure things out here. And yes I CAN go to any fourm and state my opinion on a product THAT I BOUGHT (Eaglesoft might want to remember who pays the salaries) any time I like or until Tom or someone here ask me not to in which case I will respect his and AVSIM's wishes.
Please get your own facts straight before telling others to do so.We tried to assist in our forums and it's now obvious that we cannot please you.State your opinion all you like but please remeber that there are a number of folks whose positive experience in life and all things FS exceed your negative opinion.Just a note to let you know that Eaglesoft knows exactly who butters our bread and frankly it is not those who purchase for a few hours and return for a refund.:(
HelloSince when have guys started to get so sensitive.JC we will all be wearing skirts at this rate, The OP expected a default AP, Ed coded a true to life autopilot which did not meet those expectations and pointed that out to the OP.To me it goes like thisI want to simulate a specific aircraft.I research that aircraft, I then research which development team has taken the trouble to simulate that aircraft.If that developers scope of simulation matches my expectations based on what I have researched about that aircraft I get my CC out.In my opinion the OP bit off more than he could chew, and there are lighter addons that he may enjoy.
MD I just had to laugh at the skirt remark...Big%20Grin.gif Simmers can be overly sensitive at times...

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

The two examples are the exception not the rule though Bob. Your last example and probably quite a few others must have had some effect on AP two axis design since the current situation seems to be to err toward safety.:(
Yep...but I thought I saw somebody say 'There no Real World™ dual-axis autopilots that will allow you to "turn" when the altitude hold is active.'The B737-200, the C-141B, the C-5A, various versions of the C-130...there are a fair number of split-axis autopilots.In the example I gave, the crew was hand-flying the approach. Use of the split-axis autopilot capability was a technique developed in the aftermath to improve the safety of those operations.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Yep...but I thought I saw somebody say 'There no Real World™ dual-axis autopilots that will allow you to "turn" when the altitude hold is active.'The B737-200, the C-141B, the C-5A, various versions of the C-130...there are a fair number of split-axis autopilots.In the example I gave, the crew was hand-flying the approach. Use of the split-axis autopilot capability was a technique developed in the aftermath to improve the safety of those operations.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO
There are a ton of autopilots out there... you're pointing out exceptions, which is fine... but let's be honest, they are exceptions and not the rule.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Uh...gotta disagree here. The Sperry SP-77 in the B737-200, and the Collins A/P on the C-141B are both examples of split-axis autopilots that will indeed support turning with Alt Hold engaged.I used to fly night circling approaches in the StarLizard into "black hole" locations like Patrick AFB using the turn controller and the altitude hold engaged until I was halfway around the turn and could see the runway environment. We had a 141 pack it in at Cairo West during a night circle...another place where lack of lights around the airfield make it easy to descend into the dirt.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO
More than one airliner has proven just how easy it is to descend into the dirt at Cairo...DJ

"There is nothing wrong with the aircraft's autopilot. There is something wrong with your expectations".A somewhat more tactful reply would not have ruffled feathers. You blew it and you should apologize; then you might just recoup the future sales you lost. Mine included.Bob
Perhaps you are correct, perhaps not. It's a judgement call. Remarks from you such as "You blew it and you should apologize, then you might just recoup the future sales you lost. Mine included" are hypocritical.Did your Mom ever tell you the story about Pot meet Kettle?Now would you like to school us all some more on "tactfullness":(
Understood Bob. That's what Ed gets for making blanket statements.Big%20Grin.gif

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Uh...gotta disagree here. The Sperry SP-77 in the B737-200, and the Collins A/P on the C-141B are both examples of split-axis autopilots that will indeed support turning with Alt Hold engaged.I used to fly night circling approaches in the StarLizard into "black hole" locations like Patrick AFB using the turn controller and the altitude hold engaged until I was halfway around the turn and could see the runway environment. We had a 141 pack it in at Cairo West during a night circle...another place where lack of lights around the airfield make it easy to descend into the dirt.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO
now that you mention it, a lot of the old hawker 6/7/800s, gulfstream I59/II-III (i think?), 727s, DC-8s/9s had a similar system (where u engage the aileron and elevator servos separately) as well .....on some you can turn with a knob normally on the autopilot panel on the centre pedestal...but while the above initial reply was blunt....it wasn't really tactless...all it says is....you buy realistic addon, expect realistic behavior, and always Read The *Friendly* Manual.....--xavier/pict

Here's the original post in the Eaglesoft forums:Here's my original reply in the Eaglesoft forums:The OP states (incorrectly) there's something wrong with the autopilot... States (incorrectly) it should do something it shouldn't... States (incorrectly) that they saw nothing in the Eaglesoft forums regarding this exact issue.Clearly the OP's expectations are that the autopilot should function exactly like the default FS autopilot (which doesn't match any real world autopilot). As I stated, there's something wrong with the OP's expectations. Since when has being honest in one's reply translated to tactless? Do you prefer someone lie to you?
YOU NEED A VACATIONLook at my quote at the top. IT says "Is it not possable............." Thats sounds like someone asking a question. I won't ask another one because you have lost a customer.

Please get your own facts straight before telling others to do so.We tried to assist in our forums and it's now obvious that we cannot please you.State your opinion all you like but please remeber that there are a number of folks whose positive experience in life and all things FS exceed your negative opinion.Just a note to let you know that Eaglesoft knows exactly who butters our bread and frankly it is not those who purchase for a few hours and return for a refund.:Nerd:MD I just had to laugh at the skirt remark...Big%20Grin.gif Simmers can be overly sensitive at times...
What is wrong with you people over at Eaglesoft. Please show me a post of mine that states that you designed this aircraft wrong or don't know what your doing. I did not happen to know that this autopilot could not turn with the Hdg button engaged. If you read my post on the Eaglesoft board you will see it that it asked a question on weather the AP could or could not. It was a one line question. Never did I even imply that it should be able to. My problem is not with the ac. It's with the attitude. And regarding your coment on people returning your product , I never have refunded a product and have no intentions of doing so. Sorry I asked a question on the autopilot operation. I won't do it again. Edited : And so you know , I own Every Corporate Jet Eaglesoft has made for fs2004 and have never had a complaint and still dont (With the plane)

YOU NEED A VACATIONLook at my quote at the top. IT says "Is it not possable............." Thats sounds like someone asking a question. I won't ask another one because you have lost a customer.
Correct. We do need a vacation but disregarding a clear, concise answer and running off to another forum without resolving an issue is rather disengenuous don't you think?

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Here's your post at the top:
Anybody else having autopilot problems on this plane. When I turnon autopilot (even with Nothing selected on the mcp) I have No turning control. I should be able to turn the plane with only Alt hold turned on for the autopilot. Something I need to check? I've looked at Eaglesoft fourm and didn't see anything. Thanks for any help
"Is it not possible" isn't anywhere in your post. Your first sentence asks if anyone else has autopilot problems with the aircraft, which implies the autopilot is flawed. Your second sentence shows you didn't read the documentation that explains how the autopilot functions. Your third sentence shows you are looking to see default FS autopilot behavior. Then you want someone to tell you how to make it behave that way."Is it not possible" is what you asked in the Eaglesoft forums, and you were given a short but polite reply there. Your post here is a different issue.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

What is wrong with you people over at Eaglesoft. Please show me a post of mine that states that you designed this aircraft wrong or don't know what your doing. I did not happen to know that this autopilot could not turn with the Hdg button engaged. If you read my post on the Eaglesoft board you will see it that it asked a question on weather the AP could or could not. It was a one line question. Never did I even imply that it should be able to. My problem is not with the ac. It's with the attitude. And regarding your coment on people returning your product , I never have refunded a product and have no intentions of doing so. Sorry I asked a question on the autopilot operation. I won't do it again. Edited : And so you know , I own Every Corporate Jet Eaglesoft has made for fs2004 and have never had a complaint and still dont (With the plane)
We are as human as you are which means we answer as clearly and directly as possible. No promise of perfection our part though.FYI. You are not the only person who recognizes attitude problems with both parties in this rather stupid situation.:(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

To me it goes like thisI want to simulate a specific aircraft.I research that aircraft, I then research which development team has taken the trouble to simulate that aircraft.If that developers scope of simulation matches my expectations based on what I have researched about that aircraft I get my CC out.In my opinion the OP bit off more than he could chew, and there are lighter addons that he may enjoy.
Your kidding right? When I purchase a complex add-on, I don't study every intricate detail on say a 767 before purchasing, I chose an aircraft im interested even if knowing nothing about said aircraft, do a light research on it, a few avail reviews on it then purchase, I then start to study and learn it, I also read the manual as I go, and heck even after reading the manual I still sometimes have to come here and look for help as some things people do miss while reading the manual, just as it was possible with the th OP.Customer relations are a huge part of this hobby!!!!!!!!!!

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Customer relations are a huge part of this hobby!!!!!!!!!!
And it's often not possible to achieve given the attitudes that are all too human these days.Big%20Grin.gif

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

And it's often not possible to achieve given the attitudes that are all too human these days.Big%20Grin.gif
On both sides. :)

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

On both sides. :)
Yup. I didn't leave out any sides.Big%20Grin.gif

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png