Sign in to follow this  

You can now breath a sigh of relief....

In a rather obscure court case that most folks were not aware of, but Internet providers were keeping a close eye on, British Telecom's law suit against Prodigy, claiming violation of their patent on Hyperlinks, has been thrown out. Had BT's claim had merit and had they succeeded, there is a likelyhood that further claims would have been made against other providers, eventually making the entire Internet a "toll road" as CNN describes it.You can read all the details of this CNN story here][/b.

Some good news. Maybe the European patent office will take heed and quit issueing vague patents like that now (I've given up hope for the Americans).

Whew...I wonder how long it will be before the internet does become a toll road! :-(Take careMike

Guest Scott Campbell

Tom,And here I thought Australia invented hyperlinks..Everyone and their brother claims to have invented the internet, or parts of it. We all know that it was soley invented by a guy with the initials AG. :-lol

Guest mikehaska

Didn't Al Gore invent the internet, and therefore, Hyperlinks?!? :-lol

In the early eighties on a weekly half hour computer show I saw someone claimint to have inveted hyperlinks. It was a document technology rather than computer hardware specific.

Guest JonP01

>Tom, >>And here I thought Australia invented hyperlinks.. >ha...ha...ha...