Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

Akesoft Valencia

Hi AllI noticed that some people are reporting great performance with this airport.I am not getting good performance at all, I did an approach with the PMDG747 on ILS RWY 30 and frames where 10-20 and it was very jerky.What's strange is I can do an approach with PMDG747 to UK2000 Gatwick or Stansted and it sticks at 30FPS, Menorca X by Aerosoft X also sticks at 30FPS and is smooth. I also have many German Airports by Aerosoft where performance is smooth,Has any one else had bad performance with this Airport on approach? or know a good fix to my problem?I have tried removing the files as recommended in the manual if performance is bad and it does not make much of a difference.

Keithy George

Hi AllI noticed that some people are reporting great performance with this airport.I am not getting good performance at all, I did an approach with the PMDG747 on ILS RWY 30 and frames where 10-20 and it was very jerky.What's strange is I can do an approach with PMDG747 to UK2000 Gatwick or Stansted and it sticks at 30FPS, Menorca X by Aerosoft X also sticks at 30FPS and is smooth. I also have many German Airports by Aerosoft where performance is smooth,Has any one else had bad performance with this Airport on approach? or know a good fix to my problem?I have tried removing the files as recommended in the manual if performance is bad and it does not make much of a difference.
I´m not knowing exacly what the issue could be, but you might check via the taskmanager wheather some unneeded tasks are executed. Maybe this gives you some extra power. But I´m really no speciallist for such things.I personally checked the scenery only in FSX, there it looks and performs quite good.

Unfortunately there is a big issue with this scenery under FSX with SP2. At dusk (dawn, sunrise and night) I report a very low frame rate 2.5. There is a problem with the lights on the runway. I know that other commercial scenery in FSX reported the same problem and the producers somehow solved it.At the moment this scenery is not usable under FSX with SP2. See the attached file.

I have tried using this Scenery, but I wonder if anyone else has experienced the following problem? This may be caused by Global 2008 I am using but, when I taxied off the runway, I suddenly dropped about two feet or more, and the taxiway was actually above my 737-800, but transparent. I taxied to my stand, and all buildings stairways etc where a few feet off the ground. Most strange. Anyone got any thoughts on this; I have never experienced such a problem before.

You have to put a .bgl file in World/scenery/world directory and that issue is solved. If you read the manual you will find the solution for that problem.

You have to put a .bgl file in World/scenery/world directory and that issue is solved. If you read the manual you will find the solution for that problem.
HI thereI also get crushing low frames casued by the RWY lights, I already tried putting LEVC_ADE9_ADE_ALT.bgl in to D:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery but it did not fix the problem for me.Did it work for anyone?

Keithy George

I have tried using this Scenery, but I wonder if anyone else has experienced the following problem? This may be caused by Global 2008 I am using but, when I taxied off the runway, I suddenly dropped about two feet or more, and the taxiway was actually above my 737-800, but transparent. I taxied to my stand, and all buildings stairways etc where a few feet off the ground. Most strange. Anyone got any thoughts on this; I have never experienced such a problem before. Sorry there was a mistake.I mean that file is used to correct the layer and not to improve the frame rate! In your case you can try to put that file in the folder world/scenery/world. The frame problem is more difficult to solve and requires the help of an expert.

I Have a problem with te surounding area scenery bluring when I get with in 5 miles of the field, does anyone else have such an issue and if they fixed it please let me know what I need to do geoff

The light problem is caused by "LEVC.bgl" in "AKESOFT VALENCIA-X FSX\scenery", that control the rwy light. Delete it and you have fixed the performance issue on night... and the rwy light too :/ I've tried to add the light with AFCAD (and similar program) but they can be visible only on the ground level, there is a layout problem with the bgl that control the rwy surface. The taxi light doesn't cause any fps drop.If the authors of the scenery shows up maybe they can do something about!

looks like the site that hosts their downloads also seems to want to download adware/malware along with their scenery. Someone should let them know.

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

For anyone interested, I worked in a few fixes/tweaks for this airport which include:

1.- Runway lights now fully functional, with PAPI lights and no frame rate drop

2.- Minor airport elevation issues 

3.- Road traffic excluded from taxiways

4.- Taxi lights replaced to make them visible at dusk & dawn too, not only at night.

5.- New 4096x4096 runway texture

6.- New 1px/m Photoscenery

Download link

It's still Akesoft's airport and a great freeware one for that matter. 

For anyone interested, I worked in a few fixes/tweaks for this airport which include:

1.- Runway lights now fully functional, with PAPI lights and no frame rate drop

2.- Minor airport elevation issues 

3.- Road traffic excluded from taxiways

4.- Taxi lights replaced to make them visible at dusk & dawn too, not only at night.

5.- New 4096x4096 runway texture

6.- New 1px/m Photoscenery

Download link

It's still Akesoft's airport and a great freeware one for that matter. 

Wow, Dario, you´re still arrond?

Thanks for getting that old thread up! I´ll definitely try it out!

Wow, Dario, you´re still arrond?

Thanks for getting that old thread up! I´ll definitely try it out!

Not so active anymore but yeah, I'm still around, mainly in the hardware forums.

Hope you like the tweaks and hope everything's great with you Steffen!