Sign in to follow this  
Seank23

Default AI Traffic not showing up

My default AI traffic has not been showing up recently (the Orbit Airlines and World Travel etc.) at airports and flying. Every where's like a ghost town and its not as fun, theres no coversations on the ATC anymore.Can anyone help me.

Hi,Check your traffic settings in setup, then have a look and see if you have the following entries in the FSX.cfg:[Main]DisablePreload=1User Objects=Airplane, HelicopterSimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\AirplanesSimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\RotorcraftSimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehiclesSimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\BoatsSimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\AnimalsSimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

\Robert Hamlich/

Check your traffic silders and see if they are in the zeros. If this is not the case, and if you do not have any traffic packages installed, try a "repair"-type re-installation. Dave.

Check your traffic silders and see if they are in the zeros. If this is not the case, and if you do not have any traffic packages installed, try a "repair"-type re-installation. Dave.
I repaired it this morning and put my sliders up to 100 but still no luck.

Have you installed any AI packages like WOAI or similar that use FS9 Flight plans? Because if that's the case FSX ignores all FSX-type flight plans. Check that for sure. Also on some of the Aerosoft Airports aircraft become invisible if you switch on "Aircraft casts shadow on ground".

I repaired it this morning and put my sliders up to 100 but still no luck.
Hmm, I'm not at home right now but can someone confirm whether there is a .cfg entry or not for AI Aircraft like this:[Main]SimObjectPaths.X=SimObjects\AI Aircraft

\Robert Hamlich/

Hi,Check your traffic settings in setup, then have a look and see if you have the following entries in the FSX.cfg:[Main]DisablePreload=1User Objects=Airplane, HelicopterSimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\AirplanesSimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\RotorcraftSimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehiclesSimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\BoatsSimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\AnimalsSimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
I had everthing except DisablePreload=1 so I added it and loaded FSX. When it loaded I went to an airport and there was traffic at the gates although I didn't here any conversations (but I was only on it for 2 mins).Thanks for the help, if theres any more problems I'll post them up here. ;-)

I left FSX on at an airport for about 20 mins and there were still no conversations with the ATC and the AI. I even seen a Baron taxiing around the airport without communicating with ATC.

I left FSX on at an airport for about 20 mins and there were still no conversations with the ATC and the AI. I even seen a Baron taxiing around the airport without communicating with ATC.
Can somebody please answer this.

Can somebody please answer this.
Let me ask some questions that may sound silly.Sound is on in the game? Toggle "Q" a few times to find out. Are you on the airport "ground" freq? Do you hear anything when you call the tower?I don't have the "Disable preload" entry in my cfg. Don't know if it is needed. I also don't know why you got traffic after adding it.Go to Scenery/World/scenery in the FSX root folder. There should be a "trafficAircraft" and a "trafficBoats" file. These are default files. Any other traffic files are add ons, and if thery are FS9 type bgls, can cause trouble. FS9 traffic files only cancel FSX traffic in your traffic zone. After 20 minutes,or so, FSX traffic starts to show up.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Let me ask some questions that may sound silly.Sound is on in the game? Toggle "Q" a few times to find out. Are you on the airport "ground" freq? Do you hear anything when you call the tower?I don't have the "Disable preload" entry in my cfg. Don't know if it is needed. I also don't know why you got traffic after adding it.Go to Scenery/World/scenery in the FSX root folder. There should be a "trafficAircraft" and a "trafficBoats" file. These are default files. Any other traffic files are add ons, and if thery are FS9 type bgls, can cause trouble. FS9 traffic files only cancel FSX traffic in your traffic zone. After 20 minutes,or so, FSX traffic starts to show up.Bob
I did have WOAI Traffic installed and thats when it started but I totally uninstalled it and theres no FS9 type .bgl's in the Scenery/World/Scenery folder.

I did have WOAI Traffic installed and thats when it started but I totally uninstalled it and theres no FS9 type .bgl's in the Scenery/World/Scenery folder.
Traffic files can be in any "active" scenery subfolder - not just in your Scenery/World/scenery folder.Install Don Grovestine's excellent (and free) AI Flight Planner utility and on the file menu there is an option to have it find any FS2004 format Traffic files on your system and convert them to FSX format. It is quick and easy.You can get the latest version of AIFP here: http://members.shaw.ca/aifp/Also remember that Traffic files can have a totally different name - they do not necessarily have to use the word Traffic in the file name. FS looks inside bgl files and reads a header there to determine what type of bgl it is.Hope that helps.

Traffic files can be in any "active" scenery subfolder - not just in your Scenery/World/scenery folder.Install Don Grovestine's excellent (and free) AI Flight Planner utility and on the file menu there is an option to have it find any FS2004 format Traffic files on your system and convert them to FSX format. It is quick and easy.You can get the latest version of AIFP here: http://members.shaw.ca/aifp/Also remember that Traffic files can have a totally different name - they do not necessarily have to use the word Traffic in the file name. FS looks inside bgl files and reads a header there to determine what type of bgl it is.Hope that helps.
When ever I try to find FS9 files in the FSX Scenery folder it says theres no FS9 files found.

I think the following happened:- You installed WoAI traffic files (that's at least what you say you did)- WoAI's traffic .bgl files (these are the files that contains the flightplans that the AI follows) are of a FS9 type.- Because these are FS9-type, not a newer, FSX-type, you can get problems.- The problem it causes is that AI simply disappears - but only visually. They are there, you just don't see them. try cycling around the AI traffic using the Views menu. You should be able to cycle through all the AI traffic in your vicinity, but you won't see the AI models themselves.- The solution is simple: either deactivate aircraft shadows, or deinstall the WoAI flightplan bgl files.- Why you started seeing the AI after putting in DisablePreload = 1 is something i don't understand, nor do I know why you can't hear AI talk to ATC. Can you talk to ATC yourself?By the way, as Opa said, these FS9 type bgl files can't be recognized by the filename. In the file itself, there is a line that says what type of bgl it is, and FS reas this lin when it reads the file. So you can search all you want, but unless you open up every bgl file, you won't see what bgl type it really is.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I think the following happened:- You installed WoAI traffic files (that's at least what you say you did)- WoAI's traffic .bgl files (these are the files that contains the flightplans that the AI follows) are of a FS9 type.- Because these are FS9-type, not a newer, FSX-type, you can get problems.- The problem it causes is that AI simply disappears - but only visually. They are there, you just don't see them. try cycling around the AI traffic using the Views menu. You should be able to cycle through all the AI traffic in your vicinity, but you won't see the AI models themselves.- The solution is simple: either deactivate aircraft shadows, or deinstall the WoAI flightplan bgl files.- Why you started seeing the AI after putting in DisablePreload = 1 is something i don't understand, nor do I know why you can't hear AI talk to ATC. Can you talk to ATC yourself?By the way, as Opa said, these FS9 type bgl files can't be recognized by the filename. In the file itself, there is a line that says what type of bgl it is, and FS reas this lin when it reads the file. So you can search all you want, but unless you open up every bgl file, you won't see what bgl type it really is.
Yes, I can talk to ATC and would you know where the WoAI .bgl's are located.