Sign in to follow this  
boris4356

CH 3 lever yoke, FS9 and Control Manager??

Anyone running with this combination??I have installed the Control Manager software as it seems mainly for the CH throttle (which I dont have). I enjoy my current setup with the USB yoke with the throttle/prop/mix levers.But, my question is this:Can I get one of the levers to operate FS9 flaps utilizing CH Control manager software?

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

I am running all three. CH Yoke, FS9, and Control Manager V2.20I am not sure about the lever, unless you program it to Fully Dump flaps upon execution or full retraction.I have my flaps set up on the Buttons 7 & 8.Here are my settings.Button 1 = ATCButton 2 = KneeboardButton 3 & 4 = Rudder trim left & right Button 5 & 6 = Gear up & Gear DownButton 7 & 8 = Flaps extend or retractButton 9 & 10 = View changes forward or backButton 11 & 12 = Elevator trim nose up or downMixture, Prop, and Throttle are assigned to the levers.You may be able to accomplish it with the creation of a map, but I just use the Control Manager to calibrate and I assign controls within MSFS9.Regards,Joe

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

yep I got flaps assigned to one of the toggle switches, just was curious about having it step incrementally utilizing one of the levers (like the real deal).Anyone else??

Mike, maybe check your settings.Or maybe I am misunderstanding you.My flaps extend in 10 degree increments when I hit the switch in the 172. One hit, ten degrees, hold it down, and it fully extends.I have four settings listed in the sim, under Assignments, CH Yoke, Control Surface Commands.Flaps Extend FullyFlaps Extend Incrementally Button 8Flaps Retract FullyFlaps Retract Incrementally Button 7All four are in a row under CH Yoke, Control Surface Commands.Hope this is what you are trying to do.Regards,Joe

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

JoeI think what he's talking about is trying to get one of the axis levers i.e. potentiometers, to act as a flaps lever and move his flaps in increments. To my knowledge, can't be done without some sophisticated progamming.Hope Mike doesn't get in a flap about it.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

'flap about it' - very clever :-)actually your right Mark, too bad - would have been neat to have. I was thinking about the postings here dealing with the new CH 6 pot stand alone controller. Thought it would be nice if they could include a 'flap lever' type setup in that.

Pete Dowson's FS Controls files show axis commands for FLAPS_SET and AXIS_FLAPS_SET. The FLAPS_SET command worked with FS2K and would apparently need a sensitivity setting in the Control Manager map of 25% for whichever axis you were using. The axis would also need to be set for non-centered. The AXIS_FLAPS_SET command is, I think, more likely to work. As I recall, they started sticking the word AXIS_ on the front of those commands later and the more recent versions use them. I'd just assume it was a new name for FLAPS_SET and then play with the sensitivity settings if the axis range didn't match up with the flap position. You might want to stop by:http://www.schiratti.comand look on the page they have for Pete there. Pick up the Controls document for whichever version of FS you're using, also pick up the one for FS2K as it was the last one to have explanations in it. After that, Pete just updated the lists of controls themselves.I'm not set up to test it here at the moment, but it's worth a try if you don't mind editing the CFG file. If it doesn't work, it can certainly be worked out with the Control Manager programming. This just looks to be the most straightforward solution if it works. Hope this helps!- BobThe StickWorkshttp://www.stickworks.com

I have one of the levers on my yoke set up to work the flaps, but I am using the assignments within FS9. I found control manager too quirky, and I un-installed it. I put a piece of tape along side the lever, and marked the flap increments on it. Works really well.

Yeah, I did a little more digging and whether you can do it or not apparently depends on the version. The FSUIPC documentation says the FLAPS_SET command was dropped in FS2K2 and FSUIPC had a workaround via the FSUIPC .INI file that let you attach the Flaps to another axis. That works just fine here. Before FS2002 it apparently worked as a normal "AXIS_EVENT_xx" and all it took was a change in the FS .CFG file. The AXIS_FLAPS_SET command shows up in Pete's FS9 controls list and if FS9 is letting you assign the flaps to an axis, they must have restored it. I don't have FS9 installed yet so I don't know for sure, though. Is that how you got it to work?To answer the original question, it can be done pretty easily if you're using the Control Manager and running a map. Just uncheck the DirectX box to get to the dialog that lets you set an axis to send characters. Pick "Up/Down", set "Steps" to 3. The "Inc Key" should be F7 and the "Dec Key" should be F6. That sets it up for four steps of flaps like the Cessna. You need to adjust the "Steps" value if other aircraft have a different number of flaps positions. Also, when you first start the flight, the settings may not line up, e.g. you've got the control set to full flaps, but FS has them retracted. If you run the control through it's full range once or twice, the two will synchronize.- BobThe StickWorkshttp://www.stickworks.com