Sign in to follow this  
Mike S KPDX

FSBuild 2

HiI'm thinking of getting this soon, is it good? whats the general opinion?Cheers

Alaister Kay

I have it and use it for all my North Atlantic and Pacific flight planning. It gives you the current real world NAT tracks and Pacfic tracks as well. Makes for more realistic flights. Very good program. It also shows the European one-way airways as well and seeing as I always fly on VATSIM, it keeps me out of trouble with the European controllers!

Eric 

I just got, and I like it. I was considering reloading my FSNav when I reformatted but I gave it some thought and went with FSbuild. A couple of reasons why I did it...FSNav runs while FS is running, it takes up a fair share of resourcesFSbuild does not have to run while simming (its a good thing)FSbuild is more professional in presentation and more flexable with routes typesFSB ports flight plans to almost any addon you got, critical with PMDGFSB builds better routes, its data base of real routes is much more completeFSB has great SID/STAR infoFSB ports a very professional looking 'dispatch form' to FS that you can view via the F10 key - very nice, and can include winds aloft dataThoughts on FSNav...you can use the map view during simming, but I think this aspect has lost a lot of appeal to me because of the great advancement in the FS9 gps unit (I think its even better)you can have FSNav fly your plan, well... so can the default GPS and and FMChuh... thats about it from my perspective.Good Luck

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K