Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

FS02 Strange Problem

I have been using FS04 for a while now ignoring FS02, and I decided to go back for awhile and fly it for awhile. The only thing I've done new since last using FS02 is install the new NVIDIA 52.16 drivers. After loading FS04 I noticed a weird thing. About halfway down the instrument panel in 2D view, about a 2 inch band of magenta dots appears, disappears, and reappears continuing in an endless cycle. I reload a different aircraft with the same results.It keeps fading in and out. I did notice that FS02 upon loading went through the "setting up scenery indeces" as if it was its first install again. It hasn't been touched in weeks, and was fine before. Any ideas?? Thanks.

My guess is that those drivers are probably more than your card needs and are causing some graphics discrepancies; betcha if you roll back to a previous version, the problem will disappear. You don't say what card you have but anyway try that.Setting up scenery ... that's because of daylight saving time if you've not fired up FS2002 in a while, probably. Believe it or not there was actually a thread on that this week. Some people have small problems in life .... you wouldn't think there was a war on, LOL.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest crashing_pilot

also,if you upgraded the drivers you might want to try deleting the fs2002.cfg,that way it makes a new one that is better suited for the driver version(don't know for sure,but i ALWAYS delete fs2002.cfg after installing new drivers...it works for me)regards,

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi Tom,What I recommend doing after installing new derivers is just delete the Display Device section out of your FS9.cfg file. Then FS9 will just insert the section anew that is relevant to your new driver without you losing your custom settings, other than the resolution and a couple others. At least all your keyboard/joystick and most other settings will not be lost this way. Here is what the section looks like in my FS9.cfg file...{DISPLAY.Device.RADEON 9700 PRO.0}Mode=1600x1200x32TriLinear=1RenderToTexture=0Regards,Jim