Sign in to follow this  
michal

Joystick change

Guest Marli

I have been using Logitec Wingman Extreme 3D for a few years now and the rudder facility has broken. I am looking to get a new Joystick. I am mainly interested in the Microsoft Sidewinder Joysticks. I am not that keen on force feedback. I mainly want precision and it has to have a rudder facility (twisting handle). Does anyone have any suggestions on which joystick I should buy???? I will mainly be using it for FS2004.

Guest Marli

can anyone give any suggestions????????

Guest Jimbofly

Hi!I use to have a logitech wingman extreme joystick and I can tell you with absolute certainty that the microsoft sidewinder joystick is far, far better. The precision in those joysticks is incredible, and they last a long time. I had a myriad of problems with my first logitech joystick, whereby the control was slightly twitchy and wouldn't center properly, and I ended up with the exact same problems with a newer logitech joystick.So far I've had no problems with either my non-force feedback microsoft joystick as well as the force feedback one. I'd recommend it to anyone.btw I am not paid in any way by microsoft to endorse its products.James

My suggestion is a Saitek X45 combo.Separate stick & throttle, plenty of buttons, and rudder control much easier than the stick twist thingy, and it is reasonably priced.I have been using the earlier X36 for about 3 years now and love it.I would also suggest the USB version