Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

Panel wish list, V1.32 onwards, no VC requests please

This thread is for desired features for the TinMouse II panel--note that this is for the PANEL, and not for model, sound, etc. At present only the panel itself is under continued development.Previous wishlist items have been archived and are being considered.Several realities should be mentioned at the start: the TinMouse II models were graciously donated to the project on an as-is basis, and do not include provisions for a VC. Barring development of a new model, a VC is not possible, nor planned. I am constantly asked about a VC...I intend that this be my last word on the topic until/unless something changes. Because of changes Microsoft made in FSX, the side-views in FSX are fixed-camera VC views, and without a VC in the model, there are no bitmap frames visible in the FSX version side views. The side views in the FS9 version work normally.My "developer's intent" is to continue improving the 'mouse as a high-fidelity systems platform, with priority generally given to function over form. I want this panel to fly by the numbers, and to simulate the interactions, capabilities, and limitations of its systems as accurately as possble. Of course some compromises are always necessary, and may be made where it makes sense to improve the flyability or usability of the add-on.Items on the list under consideration and/or development now (in no particlular order or priority):1. Cross-bar flight director2. Implementation of directional sound cones for aircraft/panel sounds3. Programmable failure system4. Wide-screen 2D panel5. New FMA panel to match the SP-1776. TOLD card gauge7. Rework of main panel lighting to enable true cold/dark startup8. Hi-def artwork for overhead panel9. Virtual copilot10. Project Magenta interface11. Networked subpanel options12. Load manager13. Virtual dispatcher14. Virtual refuel managerItems currently suggested, but ruled out (but if someone wants to volunteer to implement them, let me know!)1. Virtual Cockpit (see above)2. Wing viewsPlease make suggestions for additions/changes to the panel's features in this thread. I read this thread and consider everything, but I make no promises that any suggestion will be implemented, although I think most would agree that a large number of reasonable suggestions have been accomodated in the continued development of the panel. I also do not typically answer posts in this thread.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

A kind of an FMC for the SP-177 would be great, cause I can´t fly with the INS (Maybe I´m too fool?).

A kind of an FMC for the SP-177 would be great, cause I can´t fly with the INS (Maybe I´m too fool?).
Yup I have a problem with the INS as well. I retrofitted the TM with the ISG FMC. Works really well.

I dont know how it is in the real 732, but I think that second VOR equipment is needed. You cant performe some approachs , SID or STARs without 2 VOR indicators.Another one for the guys that use INS, the DME updating lights are required. I managed to add them manualy, but I think that it would be nice if the CIVA panel config will include them by default.Thanks for your great job, Bob. Appreciate it.

Bob,If possible, please include GoFlight MCP Pro support for the SP177 autoflight option. This would be a great hardware interface option for this panel. The software development kit may be found at GoFlight's web site:http://www.goflightinc.com/software.shtml#sdkI'll volunteer my services for any testing required.Thanks,Rich BollWichita, KS

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

If you could make a co pilot panel and move the landing gear handel over it would be more realistic and make a lot of more space at the main panel.Please, never make a FMC for the mouse... It's a "vintage" plane.

Hi everybody. Bob, regarding the widescreen version for the panel, I've developed my own version and I would be very happy to share the bitmaps and the panel.cfg so you can check it and take what it's usefull for you and the proyect. It's a little grain of sand and a way to give you a thanks again for this wonderfull simulator.Sorry for my english. Greetings from Argentina.P/S: a time ago I sent you a message about my panel version.

If you could make a co pilot panel and move the landing gear handel over it would be more realistic and make a lot of more space at the main panel.Please, never make a FMC for the mouse... It's a "vintage" plane.
I'm also for the idea of having a FO panel and a gear handle with the "off" position modeled.

Hello everyone,well the crossbar flight director and adi would be my biggest wish, that would be so cool.Another great addition would be to replace the round dial radioaltimeter witha small vertical tape style one, like on the RFP 747 or Richard Probst' 727 panel.The additional new free space on the panel to the right of the Tape-RA could be filled with a small standby horizon, which would also be a cool and is animportant feature on the real plane.Otherwise just wanting to say thank you to Bob and all the others involved forgiving us such a great plane as freeware. Its really one of my all-timee favourites.Thanks again and keep up the good work.Best regards, J. Corey

Hello,these sounds quite interesting:

• Cross-bar flight director
  • Wide-screen 2D panel
  • TOLD card gauge
  • Rework of main panel lighting to enable true cold/dark startup
  • Hi-def artwork for overhead panel
  • Virtual copilot
  • Load manager
  • Virtual dispatcher
  • Virtual refuel manager

I'm specially interested in virtual copilot, virtual dispatcher and virtual refuel manager. What a virtual copilot will be able to do in order to assist us? Read (and do) checklists? Rase the gear, or set the flaps?Thanks for your reply!

Guest spark
I dont know how it is in the real 732, but I think that second VOR equipment is needed. You cant performe some approachs , SID or STARs without 2 VOR indicators.Another one for the guys that use INS, the DME updating lights are required. I managed to add them manualy, but I think that it would be nice if the CIVA panel config will include them by default.Thanks for your great job, Bob. Appreciate it.
As far i know there's no indication on the real aircraft for the DME update function nor in the new models where the process is automated. If one indication should exist, the right place will be the aft upper panel (where the MSU also should be), but that panel doesn't exist for tm2. You can still detect the DME upd status on the CIVA CDU, along with the inertial drift error and a lot of other very interesting data. So i suggest you to keep the CDU on front most of the times, using the dedicated subpanel instead the upper radio panel.Alex

Hi,Having a virtual copilot reading the checklist would be great.I am not a big fan of the Wilco 737, but the Call! product that goes with it is very well done. I have Flight Deck Companion, but it is not as good as something designed especially for the plane.Happy flying,Olivier

Something a bit simple, but yet useful: A temperature reader? It's needed for the input in the performance computer at takeoff and to help decide the pilot whether he needs to use anti-ice or not.Best regards.

Something a bit simple, but yet useful: A temperature reader? It's needed for the input in the performance computer at takeoff and to help decide the pilot whether he needs to use anti-ice or not.Best regards.
There is a hidden gauge for temperature and center of gravity on the main panel between the RAD/NAV button and the fuel gauges:)Just click on the spot and click again to hide it.

There is a hidden gauge for temperature and center of gravity on the main panel between the RAD/NAV button and the fuel gauges:)Just click on the spot and click again to hide it.
Wow! Thanks a lot mate!