Sign in to follow this  
Guest seev_39

Answer to the wifus interuptus...

As previous posts have stated it never fails that when you are on final the wife (or your significant other) always needs something. This something is usually able to be answered in a sentence or two. So instead of having them yell at you from the other side of the house, and you have to get up to see what is needed (because you know if you yell back you will not get a response), I have found the solution.I was at Walmart the other day with my wife and I saw some two way radios. Being the proactive flight simmer I am, I thought this would be a great way to stop the interuptions while on final. My wife even thought it was a great idea (bonus!). These radios are great! They have a 5 mile radius and I no longer have to get up off my duff to see what she needs.This may not work for everyone, but I have found that it works just fine for us. Might be worth a try.....

I don't believe I'm reading this. Two-way radios with the WIFE? Crikey, if I tried that she'd be looking for one with a 1,000 mile range and would be off to the Caribbean with the mailman.Just make sure you turn them off when you get into bed together. "How was it for you, darling ... hallo? HALLO? Come in, please, WHISKYINDIAFOXTROTECHO ...."Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

I think is a time for someone to repost the classic letter from a flight simmer's wife to her husband. It used to float around some of the sim web sites, including avsim. I think I lost it from my harddrive...but I'll check when I get home...meantime, if anyone has it...please share it with the teeming masses.Sherm

A wise man once said, and I quote:>I don't believe I'm reading this. Two-way radios with the>WIFE? Crikey, if I tried that she'd...I can see it now, few days and I'll be back here (assuming I'm breathing) asking you guys how to get a two-way radio out of my left nostril!:)or...wife: "honey, over"me:"yes babe, over"wife: "could you come here please, over"fs: "retard, retard!"wife: "WHAAAATT????!!!"regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Guest seev_39

Hi GuysDid anyone ever tried that litle "P" key. This wonderful invention of Microsoft's Uncle Bill help keep your marriage AND finals alive.I know, REAL pilots do not stop their landings with a "Pee" key (or?)The attached was posted here some time ago, I believeHave fun (you and your ladiedSeevhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/46316.jpg

A cheaper alternative is just to ignore her completely, but then I guess you end up paying for it later anyway :-lol Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Hi, real and virtual PICs!Here's one way to deal with the virtual version:www.cossacks.de/english/cossacks/addon1.php3and Download: cossacks-aow.zip(848 KB)(MPEG-Video) VERY VERY FUNNY ! I promise !! You will not regret it !! Quiet skies and houses !

I Agree.......I also think putting 5 miles between the Wife and the Simulator is a good thing. Usually it involves shopping on her part. ;-)One more thing, if the radios don't work pretend one is broke and ask the wife to run back to wal-mart to replace them for you.This should accomplish at least a few uninterrupted touch and go's. Repeat process at your peril. :-lolRegards,Joeaopa.gif" border="0" alt="Grab My FREEWARE Voice recognition Profiles here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=58334]Cessna 172 Voice Profile[/a][a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=60740]FSD Avanti Voice Profile[/a].You will need the main FREEWARE Flight Assistant program to use it, get it here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=genutils&DLID=39661]Flight Assistant 2.2[/a]

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

haha.. yeah you better clay... if she saw that, it could seriously mess up your day.. lolSee that your a retired maj. for the usaf. which base were you at? Trying to see if there is a chance maybe you and my major passed paths at one point in time.. :)

Guest MattNW

That may work well with wives but I'm sorry to report that it's less effective with kids. That is unless you enjoy listening to junior sized belches and odd bodily noises over the airwaves. :D

It would be nice if you could create and interface with the radio and your pc. Then you could speak to her using the ATC window.American 1247, your son just lost his first tooth.1. I will be right there2. Give him a quarter and leave me alone

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad