Sign in to follow this  
Staffan

Antonov An-24RV. Full version

Guest ba747heavy

Thank you sir for this wonderful addon, I am downloading it now :D

Guest allcott

>Great news. Can't wait to get into it. Bit of curiosity,>perhaps trifling... What's the advantage of this particular>air file (aircraft.cfg) having its engine type defined as "1">(jet) rather than "5" (turboprop)? I believe the same was true>on the FS2002 An-24s and have always wondered about it. >>Off to Vladikavkaz now for the first flight with this>beauty....>>WangI think it's because the thinking is the turboprop flight model in FS9 is as flawed as it was in earlier versions. An alternative to delving too deeply into the turboprop flight model is to modify the jet engine model. For those who are familiar with this it is easier to modify jet engine parameters that are well known and understood. To FS, the jet engine is a jet, a turboporop a just a jet with a bigger, leakier fan!The amount of work being done to get the basic turboprop model to a workable state, as seen in aircaft like the FSD International Turbo Porter must be considerable. Huge even. Otherwise we'd have a had a `bells and whistles` aftermarket Cessna Caravan long ago.The Antonov is just brilliant, however they arrived at the result! Allcott

Guest Thunderchief

A great Aircraft! Thanks for this.Simon.

Hi André,Your Il-76 seems to be the best one I've ever seen. It would be a pity if such a good model stays unfinished. So: why don't you finish it yourself ?Unfortunately I can offer no help to you. First : I have absolutely no time. Second : I am unfamiliar with GMAX, I work in FSDS. Try to post your screenshots at avsim.ru or flightsim.ru forums and you'll surely find many folks keen to finish your project.Regards Dimitri

banner_samdim_q400_nrw.png

This is, indeed, a beautiful aircraft. I read the English instructions for starting the aircraft and thought that I followed them correctly. (I turned on the battery, the fuel pump and the selector for the left engine. Then I held down the start button.) But no matter how long I held the starter button down the props never turned over and the engine never started. The tanks have fuel and the aircraft does start if I use the ctrlE shortcut. I've even tried using that shortcut to start the aircraft, then shutting down the engines with the kill-engine button and then trying to restart. Still no luck. What am I missing here?P.S. An interesting observation - the mixture controls on my throttle quadrant turn the fuel pump switches on or off depending on the rich/lean setting.

Guest Phoenix_7

you are not alone, same problem hereif I select the An-24RV from 'create a flight'then engines are running and all is okwhen I shut them downthen go to restart following the procedure outlined in the manualthey will not restart??John