Sign in to follow this  
Guest hassata

Weird HK Problem

Guest hassata

Two minutes after I fly out Hong Kong Airport (old or new), FS9 goes black and kicks me out to desktop. Other than MyTraffic and FSUIPC, I do not have any addons affecting flight in the area. Anyone run into anything similar?Thanks

Guest hassata

In that area, I only run default. I run FSGENISIS Landclass and mesh for the US.Edit: After more experimentation, I have noticefd that this only happens when I fly towards the city. After passing the main brige, and a little bit after all those buildings appear, I get booted out. If I fly in a direction away from the city, then it seem sI have no problem.Its a real shame: after reading a book based in the area, I deceided to take a little tour and MS seems to have done an incredible job: Mesh seems more detailed (and its a mountenous area), great looking bridge and large number of sky scrapers, just beautiful.

Guest hassata

Problem solved. In fact, it seems I did have add-on scenery for the area: Hong Kong.bgl. I'm pretty sure that I migrated this from FS2002. Changed it to passive and no more crashes. Shame though: it added a huge number of buildings to the Island.

You're a hero! Thanks! Yes, you would have migrated that from FS2002 ... it's Eddie Chen's extra autogen. I shall kill it temporarily also and write to Eddie about an update.God I love these forums. I was getting fed up setting everything up for a Hong Kong departure and being jarred back into the real world.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Well, Eddie's reply came quickly - quoted here in part:"Yes I do have plans to make a new FS9 compatible Hong Kong Autogen. The reason for the crash is, as the scenery's name implies, because the scenery is 100% based on FS2002 autogen buildings. Since some of those buildings no longer exists in FS9, that's why you're getting booted out as a result. As I know quite a few fellow simmers are interested in my scenery (8000+ downloads between AVSIM & Flightsim.com), I know I MUST contribute to this great community by making the new scenery :D"Good man, Eddie!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest hassata

Wow! I actually helped someone for once.

Guest ragingmoomoo

Hi guys, Eddie here, designer of the HK autogen buildings.Just a quick note that a new HK autogen Buildings v2 is out, resolving all known compatiblility problem for FS9.

Guest yarvelling

The new HK auto-gen works a treat! Looks really good....decent frame-rates too! Nice one Eddie :)Now let's hope for a good FS2004 KaiTak scenery patch, and an AFCAD that works properly...there's one available but it doesn't seem to be able to seperate itself from VHHH ATC, and so there's no proper IFR/ILS. I'd love to see how ATC would handle that checkerboard approach to RWY 13 and experience what I dimly recall seeing as a child back in the 60's when I lived in Kowloon. It was actualy a bit of a thrill to fly VFR over Kowloon, and find that the roads in the scenery are actually pretty correct, even if the autogen buildings aren't, and I was able to locate Perth St. where I lived so many years ago. Ha ha, this damn flight sim has made me feel a desperate need to return someday soon.......